AX11000 - "Secure" (!!!!) Sharing USB device!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-13 19:52:41
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

"Secure sharing" option - Why can't I set a strong password for accessing a HDD drive connected via USB than a simple "admin" password?!!!!

When I enter the password with CAPITAL letters and special characters, then I get message "Invalid format" and I have to enter a weak password :-(

I don't think it's appropriate to make such gaps in a premium router for €500?

It's really done by tp-link in a "secure" way! scandal!

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX11000 - "Secure" (!!!!) Sharing USB device!
2020-02-13 19:57:56

I'll say more - I'm trying to select the main directory for sharing, but after clicking "Save" and refreshing the page, then the checkbox is "not checked" again and I can't see the files on the disk :-( !!!!

Options
2020-02-14 07:40:23

@radzik 

Hello, you can use capital letters, but special character is not supported yet.

For the USB sharing issue you mentioned, we did a test at our lab and we failed to duplicate; could you please shot a short video of this issue and send it to us?

Besides, what is the model number and capacity of your HDD drive?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-02-14 10:09:20

@Kevin_Z 

Are you kidding? " special character is not supported yet" for security in router for 500€?!

Unfortunately I don't plan to spend next time for video. You can test it in lab. My HW version is V1 and this is normal HDD (not SDD) drive USB 2.0, Samsung 650GB.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1374

Replies: 3