Change e-mail adres for account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-15 20:00:44

Is it possible to change my e-mail adres for my account ?

Options
12 Reply
Re:Change e-mail adres for account
2020-02-17 11:49:15

@Mkmkmk 

Hello, what is the model number of your TP-Link device? 

And may I know why do you want to change the email address of your account? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
Re:Change e-mail addres for account
2020-02-28 12:20:02

@Mkmkmk Well, this is little tricky, and in most of the cases, people fail to make successful attempts. First thing first, you need to tell the number of the TP-Link device. I must add that you will have to deal with so many procedures to change the email address of the account. And why would you want to change the address of the email account? Please revert back with all these replies so that we can plan to help you out on this.

Options
2020-03-11 08:29:49

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry to contact you in this manner, but i need to change my email address as i am leaving my ISP and they delete my account and data in a month.

Currently i only have bulbs on the kasa app.

Please can you advise if possible to change, and how to do it, as it is locked.

If not possible what do i need to do, and the sequence in which to do it.

I guess i delete account and start again, but remove devices first.? Do they need factory reset if so how?

Many Thanks in advance.

Options
2020-03-12 08:59:36 - last edited 2020-03-12 08:59:58

Shaun0957 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry to contact you in this manner, but i need to change my email address as i am leaving my ISP and they delete my account and data in a month.

Currently i only have bulbs on the kasa app.

Please can you advise if possible to change, and how to do it, as it is locked.

If not possible what do i need to do, and the sequence in which to do it.

I guess i delete account and start again, but remove devices first.? Do they need factory reset if so how?

Many Thanks in advance.

@Shaun0957 

Hello, we can't change the account directly on the app, you need to unbind the bulb with the old account first, then reinstall it and bind to a new account.

Please factory reset your bulb by turn it off/on for 5 times, then it will blink 3 times, then follow the instruction below to reinstall it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1233/

If you can't reinstall it for some reason, please tell us the bulb's modem number, MAC address and your old account, we will unbind it for you. For privacy and security, you can send us a  message.

Options
2020-03-12 10:07:28

@Stella.Q 

Many Thanks for the reply.

I will factory reset all devices and delete account and start again.

Regards

Options
2020-03-13 06:35:46

@Shaun0957 

You are welcome, please feel free to let us know if there is any update. 

Good day.

Options
Re:Change e-mail addres for account
2020-11-05 20:22:17
The email used in my account will not be supported by my internet provider. It sill not work after Novemer 25, 2020.
Options
2020-11-19 07:16:55

@Kevin_Z 

There needs to be a way to change ownership of email address. This is absolutely stupid that you cannot. 

I have set the Deco M5 and N9 up for many people as they are older and not tech savvy at all. The simple question of connection type throws most people into a panic. 

I set this up for a customer today. They went to work and I set it up whilst they were gone. I had their email address but the set up requires them to authenticate. I could not get in contact with person to authenticate the email so I used one of my own to set the system up. They were paying me per hour so I needed to get it done. 

Now I want to transfer the ownership to the owner and use their email address but I can't. 

Why? This should be a standard feature! 

How can I do it? I am not going there to reset the system and start over. They just paid me to do it. 

Please provide a way... 

Options
2020-11-19 09:43:08

@Subliminal 

Hello, thanks for reporting this to the community.

As far as I know, the Deco M5 have already supported this account transfer feature, can you please check if you are running the latest Deco firmware?

Just to verify, are there Deco M5 and M9 in the same network? Which one is the main Deco? If the M9 is the main unit, I'm afraid you need to make the M5 as the main and see if you could transfer the system to your customer.

I hope this helps.

Options
2021-08-07 18:55:05

@Kevin_Z I have the P9 and cannot change the email address.  I also want to change the email address for my community account. 

How do I do either of these?

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 10483

Replies: 12