Cannot configure IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot configure IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot configure IPv6
Cannot configure IPv6
2020-02-17 21:43:20 - last edited 2020-02-20 01:52:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 20190821 54023

Hi, My Deco M9 doesn't allow me to toggle on the IPv6 switch. There is a message to say that IPv6 can only be configured when your device is connected to the Deco network. However, my device is connected to the Deco network. Any ideas?

My main router is Deco M9, with 2 Deco M5's as satellites.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot configure IPv6-Solution
2020-02-19 04:54:17 - last edited 2020-02-20 01:52:53

@Kevin_Z

Hi Kev,

I forgot the network and reconnected. Logged out and in again, but still no toggle. I noticed same on IPv4!

So, I tired to ping 192.168.1.1, but no response. That's odd!

Something I should have done before - I use my samsung Tab4 just now to login (same version of app, 1.9.18) and guess what - I can get to the toggles! So it seems it is specific to my Galaxy S10... I'll remove and reinstall the app on the phone and see if that fixes it.

So, no need for you guys to check further at the moment...I'll report back if I can't resolve the S10 issue.

Cheers

@edit : Just to close this out, app reinstalled. Initially didn't seem to make a difference. Still no ping to deco, the IPV4/6 screens for a couple of seconds allowed edits, but then was blocked from changes as before. Tried to ping another device on the local network. That was OK. Then tried to ping the Deco again, and I got  a response. Went to IPv4/6 settings and was able to edit them! Not sure what was going on there, but seems like for some reason my phone was ping-blocked from my deco, which went away when i pinged another device. Dunno, all a bit wierd, but at least it's OK now.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Cannot configure IPv6
2020-02-18 03:03:57

@BarryTreeg 

Hello, please connect your cellphone to the host network, not guest network. 

You can disable the satellites and use main Deco only and verify whether you can toggle on the IPV6 switch.

If it is still the same, please show us a screenshot of the error message you saw. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-18 04:40:10

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the reply.

The Guest network is disabled. i don't use it.

I have unplugged and disconnected all satellite decos (3). The only deco on is the M9 main router.

Still cannot access the IPV6 toggle. Same message is displayed, as per below.:

I also cleared the cache for the app, but no change.

Options
2020-02-19 02:25:53

@BarryTreeg 

Thanks for your reply; that is a little weird.

Try to forget the network on your cellphone and reconnect it to the main network of Deco; 

Then you can log out the Deco app and re-login to the APP and verify whether you can toggle on IPV6 switch.

If still the same, try to ping the gateway of the Deco on your cellphone and show us the ping results. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Cannot configure IPv6-Solution
2020-02-19 04:54:17 - last edited 2020-02-20 01:52:53

@Kevin_Z

Hi Kev,

I forgot the network and reconnected. Logged out and in again, but still no toggle. I noticed same on IPv4!

So, I tired to ping 192.168.1.1, but no response. That's odd!

Something I should have done before - I use my samsung Tab4 just now to login (same version of app, 1.9.18) and guess what - I can get to the toggles! So it seems it is specific to my Galaxy S10... I'll remove and reinstall the app on the phone and see if that fixes it.

So, no need for you guys to check further at the moment...I'll report back if I can't resolve the S10 issue.

Cheers

@edit : Just to close this out, app reinstalled. Initially didn't seem to make a difference. Still no ping to deco, the IPV4/6 screens for a couple of seconds allowed edits, but then was blocked from changes as before. Tried to ping another device on the local network. That was OK. Then tried to ping the Deco again, and I got  a response. Went to IPv4/6 settings and was able to edit them! Not sure what was going on there, but seems like for some reason my phone was ping-blocked from my deco, which went away when i pinged another device. Dunno, all a bit wierd, but at least it's OK now.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-20 01:52:46

@BarryTreeg 

Thanks for your updates, glad to hear that it works. 

We will try to do some tests at our end and verify whether we can duplicate this issue.

And thanks for your sharing again, it helps a lot. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-21 05:46:34

@Kevin_Z 

Kev, I have done some more checking and found that the reason for not being able to ping the local devices, and therfore the deco not recognising the device as being on the network, is because i have an active vpn connection. This happens when active with either cyber ghost or hotspot shield. Once disconnected from vpn, all works as expected.

Thanks

Barry

Options
2020-02-24 01:50:21

@BarryTreeg 

I see, thanks for your updates, Barry, it helps a lot. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3381

Replies: 7

Related Articles