Archer AX50 need resetting often

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-19 08:24:34
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200109 rel.36848(5553)

Hi,

My router Archer AX50 v1.0 firmware version 1.0.5 Build 20200109 rel.36848(5553).

Questions:

1. Do I have the latest firmware? The link provided in one of your posting doesn't have any firmware to download.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax50/#Firmware 

2. Sometimes, my mobile app "Tether" is not able to connect to my Archer AX50 and I needed to reboot the router and then it is okay.

3. Sometimes when I tried to remote login, via openvpn, was successful in connecting through openvpn but the tplink Archer AX50 would sometime ask me to create password as if my first time login or setup. After rebooting it is okay again.

Rgds,

Christopher

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 need resetting often
2020-02-20 02:19:45

@thidar 

Hello, the link attached will direct to the corresponding website based on your location. It seems that the Singapore website does not upload the firmware. 

Below is the download link of the Archer AX50 on the EN site. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-ax50/#Firmware

While considering you have some problems, there is another firmware you can install and verify its effect. Our engineer will send you the download link, please check your inbox. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-24 03:11:27

@thidar 

Hi, Thanks.

Options
2020-02-24 07:02:39

@thidar 

You are very welcome. You can take more time to test its performance. 

Any updates, be free to let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-27 02:24:52

@Kevin_Z I'm having the same issue... I'm having to manually reboot my router almost daily.

Even scheduling it to reboot daily is not reliably working. Sometimes it comes back up, sometimes not...

I'm running 1.0.5 Build 20200109 rel.36848(5553) on my Archer AX50 v1.0

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Options
2020-02-27 05:11:06

I also bought the TP-Link AX50 router, knock on wood, its been working fine for weeks without rebooting but i did change a couple of settings on the router and also i have the router wall mounted with the LAN ports oriented on the right.

on the review site below you can see a PCB with heatsink pic of the AX50

"https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.techbang.com%2Fposts%2F73076-tp-link-archer-ax50-wireless-router-review-wi-fi-6-80211ax-intel-gig-plus-enters-the-mainstream-market-to-accelerate-generational-rotation"

i think the reason why its rebooting and having wifi issues and resetting is mostly due to heat.

the heatsink is just not tall or big enough to soak up the heat generated by the chip, so by orienting or wallmounting the router it will increase the area of heatsink the heat can soak into.

I also set following wifi settings on the router

2.4Ghz

OFDMA > ON

Smart Connect > OFF

SSiD > what ever you like

SECURITY > WPA/WPA2 personal

Version > WPA2

Encryption > AES

Mode > Mixed

Channel W > 40 Mhz

Channel > 8

Transmit Power > High

Airtime Fairness > CHECKED

5Ghz

OFDMA > ON

Smart Connect > OFF

SSiD > what ever you like

SECURITY > WPA/WPA2 personal

Version > WPA2

Encryption > AES

Mode > Mixed

Channel W > Auto

Channel > 64

Transmit Power > Low ..... i don't have any other device that can do 5ghz except my phone

Airtime Fairness > CHECKED

System Tools

Traffic Monitor > OFF

System Parameters

2.4Gz and 5Ghz same settings

Beacon Interval > 90

RTS Threshold > 2307

DTIM > 3

Group Key Renewal > 300

Above are my settings for now, and its been stable.

I do hope if TP-Link does a revision of the AX50, they add a bigger heatsink. but i think the design/casing won't allow it.

Options
2020-02-28 00:50:07

@CHIBOMAN Mine seems to get high cpu after a few hours and eventually just craps out...

I can't ssh into it or anything to see what process is killing the device :/

Options
2020-02-28 05:11:52

@MrBen disable the Traffic Monitoring on the TP-Link, it uses alot of CPU & MEM on the router, so much so that i think that the Traffic Monitoring causes the router to have low MEM and sometimes crashes/freezes the router and you need to reboot it to clear the MEM.

Options
2020-02-28 18:39:41

@CHIBOMAN thanks for the tip... I had already disabled that, as I'm trying to go with minimalist config to see If I can get this things stable. I decided to pop the cover off, and let it run with better air circulation for a few days. We'll see if that helps any. Seems like nice hardware, just wish I could ssh in or something to see I I an help troubleshoot the sofrware issues.

Options
2020-03-05 19:28:16

I have the exact same issue. The wifi connected devices stop connecting to internet. The LAN connected devices remain connected to internet (otherwise the smartthings would alert me). The wifi itself seems to accept new connections and assign IPs, but no routing. The tplink webconsole asks for new pwd. I checked the device logs and no entries there. Seems like a corruption or overflow situation. All LEDs are solid green when this happens. Time for a new firmware?

Options
2020-03-12 07:54:22

@ian111 @MrBen 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

As for the intermittent wifi connection issue, we would like to follow up on your case via email.

If it is okay for you, please check your inbox later and get in touch with our engineer. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4185

Replies: 11