Modem Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Modem Firmware Upgrade
Modem Firmware Upgrade
2020-02-21 19:29:29
Model: TC-7610  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.1 Build 20150308 Rel62000

I'm caught in a vicious cycle.  TP-Link says the firmware upgrade has to come through the IP because they control the coax cable.  IP says it doesn't matter who controls it.  They refuse to upgrade it.  They gave specific instructions on where to download from the TP-Link site.  The destinations in their instructions do not exist.  I've been back and forth multiple times.  One IP rep tells me they've abolished Level 2 support.  The next says they do have Level 2 support.  My current upload speed is 0.00-0.50.  Today TP-Link says there are no firmware upgrades for modems.  He says the firmware info [related to current version] I was given by 2 previous reps is for V2 hardware.  I have V1.  Any suggestions?  Does anybody know the truth and how to reach someone who can help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Modem Firmware Upgrade
2020-02-24 08:25:30

@jawjahgal 

Hello, for the cable modem, the ISP takes charge of the firmware upgrading; that is why our tech support suggested you to contact them. While considering they refused to offer help, we will follow up and try to figure it out. 

You can find the hardware version on the back label of the actual device.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/ 

What is the country version of your TC-7610 as well? It is printed on the back of TC-7610. 

Besides, I found that there is an email raised by our colleague to handle the speed issue, we will remind him and ask him to reply to you as soon as possible. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Modem Firmware Upgrade
2020-06-29 14:21:09
WOW! thank you for sharing this info!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1852

Replies: 2

Related Articles