Losing connection ExtenderRE450 and PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-21 21:52:49
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Can someone help me.

Everytime after around 30 minutes im lossing the connection from the range extender to my PS4.

I have relocated the extender and tried WIFi and cable options. But i keep the same problem.

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:Losing connection ExtenderRE450 and PS4
2020-02-24 06:18:25

@Sanderdb 

Hello, please help us to get the information below so that we can locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the led status of RE450 when you lost the connection? 

2. How do you connect your PS4 to the RE450? By wireless or wired cable?

3. When RE450 stops working, how do you make it back to work? At the same time, can you get internet from the main router directly? 

4. Please ensure that the firmware of RE450 is up to date. 

May it help. 

Options
Re:Losing connection ExtenderRE450 and PS4
2020-02-24 21:48:07

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin thank for your response.

1) The led status is blue all the time.

2) I tried both for connection wired and wireless.

3) I'm losing the connection for a few seconds i think. i get a disconnect, and when i reconnect it is connect instant again. I can connect to the router directly but the Internet speed i way worse. So that's why i wanted the extender. 

4) Where can i see if the firmware is up to date?

The router is on ground floor. And i sleep on the second floor. I tried to place the connector on the first floor and second floor and i tried on both floors to connect wireless and wired. But in all those 4 options i got a disconnect. When i just connect to the router directly i don't have the problem with the disconnection but then isn't the internetspeed that fast as when i connect to the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1748

Replies: 2

Related Articles