OneMesh firmware for Archer A9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-24 16:18:32 - last edited 2020-03-02 12:53:42
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi, is there any updates about One Mesh for A9? or TP Link prefer t stuck to old routers and leave behind all newer models? I have 2 more days to return it and look for Asus ac68u with all needed stuff and more powerfull option than a7

Please update on a timeline for this A9 firmware addition

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OneMesh firmware for Archer A9-Solution
2020-03-02 12:31:45 - last edited 2020-03-02 12:53:42

@Andriy888 

I see, I got your point. Generally speaking, the new features will be added to the newer and stronger products first, and then spread to others gradually. But the plan is flexible, it varies due to different products. To enjoy the new feature in time, you can check the compatibility list/roadmap of new features before you buy it. 

And considering the A9 is not included in Onemesh compatibility list, we cannot guarantee that it will be added in the future, but we promise that we would forward your request to our product department and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

And to build up an Onemesh network, at least a router and a network expansion device are needed, like range extender. Both of them should support Onemesh. So if you have another extender which supports Onemesh already, you can return the A9 and get a router which supports onemesh, like A7 V5. 

Thanks a lot for your support and understanding in advance. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:OneMesh firmware for Archer A9
2020-02-25 20:46:28 - last edited 2020-02-25 20:48:09

@Andriy888 

Seriously doubt that the A9 will get that mesh "perk".

In reality any kind of update would be welcomed at this point.

Edit:Do you have the A9 v5?! Or is that a typo?

Options
2020-02-25 23:13:16

@SSMP its a typo

Options
2020-02-26 09:14:18

Hi all,

Below is the Onemesh compatibility list. The Archer A9 is not included. 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/  

If you purchase this router because of the Onemesh feature, you can return it and change another product that supports Onemesh already. Like Archer A7 V5.

Besides, to build up an Onemesh network, a router and a network expansion device are needed at least. They need support Onemesh feature both. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-26 11:11:27 - last edited 2020-02-26 11:29:31

@Kevin_Z Thanks man, I see that list - but A9 is way newer and more powerfull than A7 - so main question - when are you going to add to to A9? It's really weird to see some new features in old cheap routers and don't see them in newer one. What the reason to buy new deveice then?

Options
Re:OneMesh firmware for Archer A9-Solution
2020-03-02 12:31:45 - last edited 2020-03-02 12:53:42

@Andriy888 

I see, I got your point. Generally speaking, the new features will be added to the newer and stronger products first, and then spread to others gradually. But the plan is flexible, it varies due to different products. To enjoy the new feature in time, you can check the compatibility list/roadmap of new features before you buy it. 

And considering the A9 is not included in Onemesh compatibility list, we cannot guarantee that it will be added in the future, but we promise that we would forward your request to our product department and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

And to build up an Onemesh network, at least a router and a network expansion device are needed, like range extender. Both of them should support Onemesh. So if you have another extender which supports Onemesh already, you can return the A9 and get a router which supports onemesh, like A7 V5. 

Thanks a lot for your support and understanding in advance. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2165

Replies: 5

Related Articles