Router WR941HPv2 - Internet Bandwidth Limitation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 12:20:41
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20190522 Rel. 56708

Hi, 

I have some issues with ethernet/wifi network communication between my devices and router, the WR941HPv2 reduces/limitation bandwidth connection to 30 ~ 40mbps. My internet is 240mbps. This equipamente has only fastethernet ports 100mbps.

My connection should range from 90 ~ 100mbps. I've already made all possible configurations, router / access point / repeditor.

I tried support with Brazil/TP-Link team, but they know anything.

I would like a new firmware that fix it. Thank you.

Sorry my bad English ;)

Att,

Philipp

Options
8 Reply
Re:Router WR941HPv2 - Internet Bandwidth Limitation
2020-02-26 09:38:34

@PFK 

Hello Philipp, with your computer connected to the device which has 1000Mbps LAN port by the same the 100Mbps ethernet, what is the speed you can get from it? 

Try to change another ethernet cable to connect these devices. 

With a computer connected to the TL-WR941HP only, please test the wired speed and wireless speed respectively. 

Please ensure that the firmware of the TL-WR941HP is the latest one; you can customize the wireless settings to improve its performance, including wireless channel, channel width. 

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-26 15:03:28

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, Kevin_Z.

Thank you for reply, follows my comments in your notes with tag [PFK]:

- Hello Philipp, with your computer connected to the device which has 1000Mbps LAN port by the same the 100Mbps ethernet, what is the speed you can get from it? 

[PFK] I already run these tests. I connected my laptop via ethernet directly on Router HUMAX and I got ~236mbps. If I connect my laptop directly in WR941HP I am receiving bad bandwidth, approx ~42mbps. Being the ethernet port 100mbps on WR941HP, my connection should work approximately ~90mbps to 100mbps and not only 42mbps...

- Try to change another ethernet cable to connect these devices. 

[PFK] Is no necessary, my cable is CAT5E = 1GB.

- With a computer connected to the TL-WR941HP only, please test the wired speed and wireless speed respectively. 

[PFK] So, I am receiving less 50mbps.

- Please ensure that the firmware of the TL-WR941HP is the latest one; you can customize the wireless settings to improve its performance, including wireless channel, channel width. 

[PFK] I virified and my firmware is lastest "Version: 2.0.1 Build 20190522 Rel. 56708", this firmware fix multicast and chromecast failures connections.

[PFK] Regarding wireless configuration, I configured only connection in 802.11n - channel 11 or 1 - WPA/AES. I performed same tests in RouterMode and AccessPointMode.

[PFK] In my opinion the router TP-LINK WR941HP does not know how to manage bandwidth correctly when receiving more than 100mbps.

Options
2020-02-28 13:16:31

Hi, TP-Link team, any new?

Options
2020-11-03 19:25:29

@Kevin_Z Hi, any new? Thank you.

Options
2020-11-05 06:04:08 - last edited 2020-11-05 06:05:28

@PFK 

Hello, it is suggested to reset the WR941HP to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/  (Case 2)

Meanwhile, we understand that you have already tried with a cat5e cable between the modem router and the WR941HP, but we hope you could try with a different cat5e or cat6 cable, as we do receive a lot of cases that it is the cable did the trick.

Thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-05 20:03:22

@Kevin_Z Hi,

Thank you for reply. 

So, my last test was with an ethernet cable CAT6 and did not solve issue.

I saw TP-LINK Procedure and I am thinking the step 7 is strange. Coudl you validate it?

Today my connection between HUMAX and TPLINK is: [HUMAX][ETHERNET LAN] ↔ [TPLINK][ETHERNET WAN] and procecure shows for exemple [HUMAX][ETHERNET LAN] ↔ [TPLINK][ETHERNET LAN].

What ethetnet connection is correct on this case?

[HUMAX][ETHERNET PORT LAN] ↔ [TPLINK][ETHERNET PORT WAN]

[HUMAX][ETHERNET PORT LAN] ↔ [TPLINK][ETHERNET PORT LAN]

Thank you.

Regards,

PFK

Options
2020-11-06 00:56:12

@PFK 

Hello, there are two cases as showed in the procedure you linked, in case 1, you need to connect [HUMAX][ETHERNET LAN] ↔ [TPLINK][ETHERNET WAN], while in case 2, you need to connect [HUMAX][ETHERNET LAN] ↔ [TPLINK][ETHERNET LAN], this will depend on how you configured the WR941HP to work as an access point.

Options
2020-11-06 01:32:58

@Kevin_Z 

Okay, I will do tests, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1202

Replies: 8

Related Articles