Unable to get internet connection in WISP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-15 18:31:17
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have installed a mini router type MR3020.
I have set it up to WISP mode in order to get wifi signal from my main router and be able to deliver wifi to other devices
The main router is working fine and I can access internet with no problem.
However, the mini router, which detects the main router, is unable to supply internet connectivity. The ip addresses in teh WAN part under network is zero. Though I tried many times to renew the ip address I was not able to get a valid IP address.

Thank you for your advise,
David
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to get internet connection in WISP mode
2013-01-15 19:50:51
As far as I'm concerned, with the WISP mode, the security settings on the TP-LINK should match that on the main router. what's more, the IP address of the TP-LINK should be in different subnet from the main router, have you ever checked that?
Options
2013-01-16 10:22:54
Dear Andrew,

You are correct, the problem was with the ip address subnet which was the same both in the main router and in the mini router.
Once I changed the subnet in the main router, the problem was resolved.

Thank you again,
David
Options
2014-07-10 21:50:12
Hi, I have this problem too, slightly different setup. I have mr3020 in wisp mode I can't get internet connection through my HTC one x WiFi hotspot. My friend has a Samsung galaxy and can connect no problem his network provider is 3 uk. Mine is Vodafone UK. When I connect avpc or tablet to my phones hotspot it works no problem. Any ideas? I have set up using the quick setup using dhcp.

Marc
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4711

Replies: 3