Deco M9 Plus - USB mobile hotspot Tethering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-26 20:22:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

Hi all

I'm getting my internet through an impressive LTE-connection.

I recently got the M9 Plus, and it amazes me a lot.

BUT - my oldish Huawei B525s-23a does not support Bridge mode, so (apperently) i need another LTE that does that.

I have drop-outs on the responsivness and loadtimes of the internet, due to this "double NAT" conflict.

IS it in any way possible that the USB port on the M9 Plus, could function with a mobile hotspot - like LTE Tethering?

That would (apperently) solve all my problems, as a Bridge mode -enabled LTE modem (Cat 7+) costs the same or more as my 3 sets of M9 Plus Deco.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus - USB mobile hotspot Tethering
2020-02-27 02:28:06

@JBH 

Hello, the Deco M9 plus supports router mode and AP mode only, it cannot work with the LTE modem via USB cable. 

If you worried about the double NAT issue, you can keep the old router, and configure the Deco M9 plus as the access point. Then the old router will be the DHCP server.

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-12 09:28:27
When new V2 release will be available? Unfourtunately I had no choice when shop a pack of M9 Plus V2, and now they are almost useless.... it's completelly unaceptable for an high end product! Looks a bad joke from TpLink!!
Options
2020-03-13 02:28:19
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3024

Replies: 3