Deco M9 new firmware??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 new firmware??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 new firmware??
Deco M9 new firmware??
2020-02-27 19:20:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi

I have been reading about really interesting functionality (VPN support, choose wifi band,...) that is supposed to be under testing for a new firmware. 

Any idea on when it will be released? 

Any way of testing it before it is released if it is not ready yet? 

Thanks

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M9 new firmware??
2020-02-27 22:36:24

@TheJuice 

Where have you seen this mentioned? That would be good.

Unfortunatly I have a Deco M9 Plus V2 which is still on an older version of firmware than you enjoy with V1.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
2020-02-28 03:06:53

@TheJuice 

May I know where have you seen this information? Could you please show us a link?

As my knowledge, there is no clear plan to add them to next firmware. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-28 09:56:12

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

• Choose WiFi band : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/154561 post #10 - Yourself Kevin, saying almost one year ago that the firmware has to be tested, that you will push harder to release it sooner...
  • VPN : https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/162066 post #8 : Carl from TPLink saying it is in development but not yet release.

And that's only two things amongst what I would like to see in a furute update : real web admin, ...

Regards.

Options
2020-03-16 13:55:31

@Kevin_Z  

So now that you've seen where I saw the promised features, could you please tell us :

• What new features are your teams working on ?
  • When are they planned to be released ?

Thanks

Options
2020-03-17 02:53:42

@TheJuice 

The new firmware for Deco M9 plus is under testing right now; The release time depends on the test results. 

And I have to clarify that we have not claimed that choosing wifi band will be added in next firmware; but there do have a plan to optimize the channel selection mechanism in the near future. 

It is estimated that the Deco M9 plus v2 will have the new features as the latest Deco M5's firmware, like web UI, mesh technology, the feature displaying which client is connected to which Deco and which bands, how Decos are connected to each other or so. For the specific updates, you can review the release note then. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-17 19:57:24

@Kevin_Z 

Will be possible in the future to change the wifi channels?

And do you have any new beta for de m9 plus v2?

Options
2020-03-18 02:48:59

@SrDarkWarrior 

As far as we know, there is a plan to optimize the channel selection mechanism on Deco, but I'm not sure whether we can change the channel manually. We will keep forward your requests and reach out to the product engineers. 

There is a beta firmware available for M9 V2 to add IPTV custom mode, I have sent it to you. 

Options
2020-03-24 15:00:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hello 

Do you know if deco automatically switches for the best channel or it only switches for the best channel when the deco device restarts?

Options
2020-06-10 21:39:48

@Kevin_Z When when when? We have heard so much of M9 v2 being updated soon, but it is still on 1.2 and instead you just released 1.4 for v1.

Honestly, is v2 a dead end that you dont manage to upgrade? hardware limitiations making 1.3 or 1.4 not working? 

I can not see any other reason than it is not possible. It does not make sense at all that you dont upgrade v2.

Options