MR600 - browsing/remote connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-01 13:54:39
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

I have a connectivity issue with a brand new TP-Link MR600.

The unit has been set up successfully with my 4G LTE provider. Multiple devices (Samsung phones, PCs etc) connect and can browse sites without problems.

However, using my Nokia 6 phone (model TA-1021), I have multiple problems:

1) while browsing, most web sites work, but it is not possible to browse others (for example, those related to Microsoft Office 365). Either the connection hangs indefinitely, or the page appears to load partially (page starts loading, but progress bar gets stuck and hangs). Sometimes the connection times out and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is shown as the error. This happens with both the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.

2) the Android Microsoft Outlook app is no longer able to send mails

3) WhatsApp can receive messages, but not send (no errors, just that the receiver never gets the message). 

What I have done so far:

1) fully cleared the caches of Chrome and Firefox

2) carried out a complete Android networking reset on the phone

3) wiped out the cache partition on the phone (from recovery mode)

4) started the phone in safe mode

5) tried 'private browsing' mode

6) factory reset the MR600

None of the above solved the problems :-(

My Nokia 6 phone has been able to connect to a very large number of WiFi access points and routers over the last couple of years without any problems. This includes another TP-Link 4G mobile hotspot – the MR7350 which works perfectly! The problems have only started since switching to the MR600.

Interestingly, however, multiple other devices are able to connect to the MR600 without any problems at all (Samsung phones, PCs etc).

So this looks like the MR600 is performing differently in some way to other access points, but also that the Nokia or MR600 is unable to handle this difference.

The only difference I have noticed between working and non-working clients, is that the Nokia WLAN interface has an MTU of  1440, whereas other (working devices) have an MTU of 1500. Could this be related to the issue? Perhaps the MR600 and/or Nokia is not handling this correctly? Unfortunately there does not appear to be an option in the MR600 to modify the MTU.

Tearing my hair out with this... so any advice (and preferably solutions!) will be more than welcome.

Options
11 Reply
Re:MR600 - browsing/remote connectivity issues
2020-03-02 06:57:47 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:27:58

@saleve 

Please check whether you have Parental Control and QOS settings on the router or not, if so, please turn them off.

Besides, please go to Advanced>>Network>>LAN settings, change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8, change the Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4, then test the phone again.

If it still not working, please tell us your Nokia 6 phone system version.

Have a good day!

Options
2020-03-02 11:01:14

@Stella.Q many thanks for the suggestions. Parental control and QoS are not enabled. And I tried setting alternative DNS servers (including those that you mention), but I still have the problems. Here are the details of my Nokia phone:

Model: Nokia 6 (TA-1021)

Hardware version: 5.1

Android version: 9 (security patch level 1 January 2020)

Kernel version: 3.18.120-perf #1 Fri Dec 27 13:54:26 CST 2019
Build number: 00WW_6_19B_SP01

Thanks again!

Options
2020-03-03 06:56:34 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:15

@saleve 

Thanks for the detailed information.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Good day.

Options
2020-03-07 18:39:46
Hi, i have a similar problem, with my nokia 8. Connection randomly breaks down while browsing (not very often) but the strangest problem is: i can send whatsapp messages, but cant send media (no error message). I recieve everything by whatsapp. Nokia 8, latest android 9 version. Any ideas where the problem could be? Thx a lot!
Options
2020-03-08 13:38:29
Ok, Hi again The browser issue depends on my browsers. Browser Ecosia has often Problems to load certain websites. Chrome has no problems until now in my WLan network. So, the whatsapp on the nokia 8 cannot send media (video, speech message, pictures) on wlan, but if i switch to my normal connection by sim card in the nokia 8 there is no issue. I can send normal text both ways. My MR600 uses a sim card for internet connection. Greetings!
Options
2020-05-15 08:02:04 - last edited 2020-05-15 08:12:14

Same here but with Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite:

MFA cannot authenticate with the company's Exchange Server in my mail app.

Companies Office 365 Applications does not work (I assume it's about MFA again): No OneNoteSynch, Whatsapp Web cannot connect to the phone

I've got the old WiFi Router still available and everything mentioned above is working there.

I switched off parental control and as well have tried Googles DNS with no success (except using Google's DNS Tether App does not work anymore, since the router cannot connect anymore)

Seems weird

Any advice will be appreciated

Thank you in advance!

Jimmy

Options
2020-11-08 11:14:45

@JimmyRu I have the exact same issue. Outlook cannot authenticate against exchange online (Microsoft Office 365, MFA enabled). Tried all the suggestions in this thread but the issue remains. Everything works as expected on my old TP-Link M7350, so I think the issue is caused by the MR600. This conclusion is illustrated by the fact that others have the same problem. A solution provided by TP-Link would be much appreciated, otherwise the MR600 is unfortunately useless as I am unable to download/send e-mail which is a pretty basic requirement. 

Options
2020-11-08 11:19:44

@Stella.Q Same issue here with Office 365 cloud services and MR600 (cannot authenticate correctly, I think the protocol is RPC over HTTP). Please keep me informed about a possible solution. 

Options
2020-11-11 19:00:41

@saleve Ok, so TP-Link aupport provided me with beta firmware release 1.1.0 0.9.1 to see if the connection issue with exchange online (microsoft office 365 with MFA enabled) was solved. Note that this was a downgrade from release 1.2.0 0.9.1. After installation of the beta release the issue was indeed solved! However, I tested the download speed and I felt that performance was not what it was before. I upgraded the firmware again to the latest regular release 1.2.0 0.9.1 to test and guess what, the original issue was still solved! Somehow, the beta release installation has left behind the solution for the initial problem. So now I am back at release 1.2.0 0.9.1 and so far the router works as expected. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Options
2020-11-21 15:46:56

Hello,

Same issue here as well since today.

My router was unplugged for 3 weeks while on holiday and it worked perfectly fine before.

My affected apps are:

• WhatsApp (same behaviour, can occasionally receive messages, but not send; sometimes it workes fine for 20-30 minutes, but then drops out again)
  • Android Messages
  • Bolt Food, Bolt (but not Uber surprisingly)

@DaTony can you please upload the firmware somewhere? Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3186

Replies: 11