M4 Deco mesh link node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 Deco mesh link node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4 Deco mesh link node
M4 Deco mesh link node
2020-03-04 09:57:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anyone know if I can force my satellite nodes to connect through each other rather than them all linking directly to the primary one?

I need them to daisy chain together as the one is my basement cannot connect to the base / primary one. I must try to get it to connect through a chain. 
Any thoughts / experiences?

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:M4 Deco mesh link node
2020-03-05 01:26:28

@Tornado 

Hello, there is no option to force the front-end device of a specific satellite Deco. Instead, the slave Deco will choose the front-end Deco automatically based on the signal strength (threshold value) and the others. 

While you still can daisy chain together. The Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless. You can locate them and connect them one by one and give it a go. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-18 15:32:27

@Kevin_Z 

Well if You have to run a wire cable, then what's the difference from using a Deco over any other manufacturer for wireless access point ???

if I can't Daisy chain, then I might as well return my 6 Decos and Hard wire access points around the house to assure that my devices are connecting to the access point closest to it. 

i would like to hear what TP-LINK has to say about this. 

Options
2020-10-18 16:13:49

@NmE probably difference is MESH wifi, created by Decos

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1810

Replies: 3

Related Articles