very slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

very slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
very slow wifi
very slow wifi
2020-03-05 21:57:58
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

My wifi speed is really slow. I get 30Mbps on wifi and when plugged into ethernet on the satellite even though my connection is 500Mbps. I only get 500Mbps when plugged into the master

Options
2 Reply
Re:very slow wifi
2020-03-06 02:18:05

@samwardill 

Thanks for your reply, we will do some troubleshooting to locate the issue.

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco P9 do you have and how do you connect them together? 

2. With the 2 slave Decos unplugged, what is the speed you can get from the main Deco by wired cable or wireless respectively? 

Meanwhile, please click here to get the wireless negotiation speed. 

3. Try to connect your computer to the slave Deco units by ethernet cable to verify the wired connection.

4. Try to swap the location of each Deco and rule out whether it is the Deco itself or the location/network environment. Or you can switch the slave Deco to the main Deco and then check the speed you can get from the " new " slave Deco. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

5. Besides, if possible, it is recommended to connect the Deco units by wired cable to give it a shot.

Good day.

Options
Re:very slow wifi
2020-03-07 07:29:48

@Kevin_Z I've given up and sent it back. I think you need to get this product working properly before you launch it

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1133

Replies: 2

Related Articles