TPLINK Deco P9 'Mesh' & TPLINK Archer MR600 'OneMesh' - single control app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-06 10:31:41 - last edited 2020-03-09 03:08:26
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: NA

Just purchased TPLINK Deco P9 and in the same week Archer MR600 only to see I misunderstood the difference between 'mesh' and 'OneMesh'.

Will new firmware make both products 'OneMesh' soon? 

Can I use ONE single control app for both products? If not, do I use the Archer app and how to set the Deco units? 

I'm fairly caveman so please keep instructions simple. :) 

Thanks,

Mark 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TPLINK Deco P9 'Mesh' & TPLINK Archer MR600 'OneMesh' - single control app?-Solution
2020-03-06 12:10:15 - last edited 2020-03-09 03:08:26

@MarkBFr 

Hi Mark, the Deco mesh and Onemesh are two different mesh networks. They can work together but cannot build up one mesh network together. 

You can check the compatibility list of Onemesh. 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/ 

Besides, you can use Tether app to control Archer MR600, and Deco app for Deco P9.

You can read the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1436/

For Archer MR600, with sim card inserted, it should be plug and play. And you can refer to the QIG to set it up. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:TPLINK Deco P9 'Mesh' & TPLINK Archer MR600 'OneMesh' - single control app?-Solution
2020-03-06 12:10:15 - last edited 2020-03-09 03:08:26

@MarkBFr 

Hi Mark, the Deco mesh and Onemesh are two different mesh networks. They can work together but cannot build up one mesh network together. 

You can check the compatibility list of Onemesh. 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/ 

Besides, you can use Tether app to control Archer MR600, and Deco app for Deco P9.

You can read the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1436/

For Archer MR600, with sim card inserted, it should be plug and play. And you can refer to the QIG to set it up. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TPLINK Deco P9 'Mesh' & TPLINK Archer MR600 'OneMesh' - single control app?
2020-03-06 12:23:38

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks Kevin - very clear. 

Options
2020-03-09 03:08:22

@MarkBFr 

Glad to hear that.  smiley

Options
2020-04-14 22:14:01

@MarkBFr 

I did the same, thier marketing is misleading, I believe on purpose.

Anyway, as I have the same setup, you have two options;

Setup 1 (what I'm using now, too tired to test the other one below)

MR600 (Gateway + Wifi + DHCP Server) <-> Deco M9 (Wired + WIFI Access Point) <-> Deco M9 (Wired + WIFI Access Point) second unit still in box!!

Seup 2 (My intended test over the next few days)

MR600 (Gateway ONLY - Wifi off?) <-> Decom M9 Master (Wired + Wifi + DHCP Server) <-> Deco M9 Slave (Wired + WIFI Access Point)

I'm going to start by turning off WIFI in the MR600, then set up the M9's using the shitty app using my old WIFI settings, then try to run it for awhile before turnign back on WIFI in the MR600 to see how interference goes. If I do use this system I will be killing all of the inbuild bloat (Virus / Parental Controls etc = Packet sniffing)

Honestly I am more than likely going to return the whole lot back to Amazon as I discorvered the hardware has recently been upgraded to V2 (I purchased last week) and secondly there was NO MENTION of having to sign up to a tplink account to use MY HARDWARE. Also, as I said, I think the whole MESH / ONEMESH thing is hugely deceptive, that was the third sucker punch for me.

Overall;

1: I'm not impressed with the lack of control with the Deco M9 Plus.

2: By being forced to "sign up" to use ANY hardware unless necessary, I don't believe it's necessary for an Access Point.

3: The app is shite

4: The "web interface" is an insult

5: The support is shite

6: Can I stress how annoyed I am at having ANY email tied to my internet router / access points? It's disgusting.

Options
2021-07-07 02:19:35

@CasaP happen to me tooo. end up with this messy mesh and onemesh device that cant work along together

shittee marketing works here. 

"if cant convince customer, confuse them."

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2321

Replies: 5