L2TP VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L2TP VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
L2TP VPN
L2TP VPN
2020-03-06 12:58:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Hi

I am used to running the setup described in the following blog with exact same linksys router, NAS etc.

https://www.hanselman.com/blog/SettingUpAVPNAndRemoteDesktopBackIntoYourHomeWithASynologyFromAnIPhone.aspx

However trying to do the same on the Deco seems not to work even with port forwarding the usual ports for L2TP VPN.

Is this not an option for this system?

Your documentation is not that clear to me about the VPN passthrough that is supported. But what I need is the possibility to access my private network som the outside as described in the blog.

Is this scenario possible or wil it be in the near future?

Br. ZOMK

Options
1 Reply
Re:L2TP VPN
2020-03-09 07:48:34

@zomk 

Thanks for your information, the Deco M9 plus supports PPTP/L2TP/IPsec VPN passthrough by default. 

What is the current network diagram? Please ensure that the port forwarding setting is correct, especially the LAN/WAN IP. 

Besides, if you want to access local device remotely, you can open port for it and then use the WAN IP of Deco M9 plus and port number to access it. 

Note: Please ensure that the WAN IP address is public IP address. 

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 988

Replies: 1

Related Articles