Ping keeps spiking significantly in game - with Powerline Adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-06 16:34:57
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 00

I used to be on wireless connection, i would average 60-90 ping - however there are a LOT of devices connected to wifi in our house - there are 5 people and each have 3/4 devices (they all arent being used at the same time). We have a good package with our broadband however we are upgrading to a larger download speed but that's going to be a while from now. I play on a pc and usually play games such as league of legends, fortnite and csgo. My room is located upstairs, to the left of the house and my router is in the living room on the ground floor - right of the house (it's a fair distance). However I did still get okay ping through wifi so it was connecting.

Recently, I got reccommended the TP Link adapters - I got the TP Link starter kit Av600 from a store near me. I plugged it in, the devices connected fine, paired after a while of trying to connect and we're plugged in. My first game of Fortnite, my ping dropped down to 9 and was pretty constant through the game. Several games after that, I loaded into a game, I hit 1000 ping and was unable to move; it kept freezing, teleporting and was just completely unplayable. I thought it was something minor so I restarted but it continued to happen. Yet it was only at the start of games - It would hit 1000 ping, then drop back down low again. It was a reccuring Pattern and still is. League of legends with my ethernet is currently unplayable - im constantly at 300 ping - there's no spikes its just constant lag. And my Csgo is similar to Fortnite. My download/Upload speed also spikes however it seems to be the download that is majorly dropping. At a good point, im on 14upload and 4 download. When it spikes, im hitting 2 download and 3 upload. 

I've tried switching cables but it's the exact same. Is this a problem with my PC, my actual internet or the tp link and does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

I'm not the smartest in tech so it might be fixable? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you have any more questions feel free to asked - I'm desperate to get this fixed.

Thankyou, Natalie

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ping keeps spiking significantly in game - with Powerline Adapters
2020-03-27 23:12:55 - last edited 2020-03-27 23:13:35

To solve your doubt if it's your Powerline or your internet, I would recommend you to do a ping to your router while connected to the Powerline (in CMD run "ping [insert your routers IP address here without brackets]") If the ping is high, then it's a Powerline problem.

Options
Re:Ping keeps spiking significantly in game - with Powerline Adapters
2020-06-06 21:53:37

I got the same issue. Have you managed to fix it ??

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4846

Replies: 2