New router unable to connect to internet via PPPOE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-06 18:39:26 - last edited 2020-03-09 20:38:12
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have recently bought a new router and was trying to set up the internet connection as it was with my previous router which is working properly and I access the internet but with my Archer I can't both devices factory resetted and only pppoe username and password entered the zte works but the Archer doesn't 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New router unable to connect to internet via PPPOE-Solution
2020-03-09 07:37:32 - last edited 2020-03-09 20:38:12

@Flashie99 

What is the current network diagram? Do you use the Archer C1200 with the old router together? Or you want to replace it with C1200? 

Please ensure that the configuration parameters are correct. And there is no MAC binding or MAC filtering on ISP's side. 

Besides, you can connect the computer directly to the modem and verify whether it works. If it works well, then you can connect it back to the C1200 by wired cable to clone the computer's MAC address, otherwise, you need give a call to your ISP. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:New router unable to connect to internet via PPPOE-Solution
2020-03-09 07:37:32 - last edited 2020-03-09 20:38:12

@Flashie99 

What is the current network diagram? Do you use the Archer C1200 with the old router together? Or you want to replace it with C1200? 

Please ensure that the configuration parameters are correct. And there is no MAC binding or MAC filtering on ISP's side. 

Besides, you can connect the computer directly to the modem and verify whether it works. If it works well, then you can connect it back to the C1200 by wired cable to clone the computer's MAC address, otherwise, you need give a call to your ISP. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New router unable to connect to internet via PPPOE
2020-03-09 20:38:08

@Kevin_Z Thank you for answer but i already forgot about me asking this , i had a very heated phone call with the ISP about me insisting they do mac binding or something among thos line while they furiosly denying ... well fast forward 13 hours a technician comes to the house looks  at the ZTE device makes a phone call askin for the mac binding to be turned off and in 2 minutes I had my Archer running in all of it's glory :) 

So thank you so much anyway you indeed hit the nail n the head :) 

Options
Re:New router unable to connect to internet via PPPOE
2020-03-10 06:09:25

@Flashie99 

Glad to hear that you figured it out. Now you can enjoy the internet with the TP-Link router. 

If need more help in the future, be free to let us know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3354

Replies: 3

Related Articles