Archer A9 IPv6 issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A9 IPv6 issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer A9 IPv6 issue
Archer A9 IPv6 issue
2020-03-06 22:50:06 - last edited 2020-05-05 21:27:25
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20190522

Hello

During the last month or so I had a few power cuts.

After some of those power cuts I noticed that the router wasn't able to connect to the internet anymore-displayed a "WAN connection error"(without a couple of reboots it stays like that forever). Kind of a big issue especially if I'm not at the router' location when the power goes out.

After a bit of research I noticed that the problem is easy to reproduce by consecutively rebooting the router 2-4 times.

The issue manifest itself only if IPv6 is enabled.

IPv6 settings (it's the only config that gets IPv6):

Anyone else having fun with Tp-link's IPv6 "implementation"?

Edit/clarification: Seems to happen randomly.Sometimes it did reconnect after the power cut, other times it didn't.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A9 IPv6 issue-Solution
2020-05-05 21:27:06 - last edited 2020-05-05 21:27:25

@Kevin_Z 

Follow-up:The problem was fixed in V1.0.6

There is still something flimsy with IPv6 support on the A9, namely it doesn't always establish a IPv6 connection, but the "not connecting to the internet after a power cut" issue is fixed in version 1.0.6 .

Cheers

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer A9 IPv6 issue
2020-03-09 07:25:17

@SSMP 

Thanks for your information, we need do further troubleshooting to locate this issue and solve it. 

1. What is the led status of Archer A9 when this error message pops up? 

2. Please click setup an internet connection and access the web UI when this WAN connection error occurs and take screenshots of the status page, IPV4/IPV6 settings page. Then please send them to us.

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-11 22:03:48

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply

Like I previously said the problem is easy to replicate.It just takes 2-4 consecutive reboots to get the same "WAN connection error!" like the one experienced after some power cuts.

I had a little free time to consecutively reboot the the router so...

1. What is the led status of Archer A9 when this error message pops up? 

The "Internet" LED obviously stays ORANGE.

2. Please click setup an internet connection and access the web UI when this WAN connection error occurs and take screenshots of the status page, IPV4/IPV6 settings page. Then please send them to us.

IPv4:

IPv6:

Thank you once again for your assistance.

Options
2020-03-12 06:14:34

@SSMP 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

It seems that the router won't send the PADT packet immediately after the physical reboot which makes it fail to dial up successfully, you can restart the A9 once and then wait a few minutes and verify whether it will reconnect to the internet. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-12 11:27:06 - last edited 2020-03-12 12:24:54

@Kevin_Z 

I already mentioned in my initial comment that it does reconnect after 1-2 reboots.

The problem is that I can't reboot it after a power cut if I'm not physically present at the routers location.

So if this issue happens after a power cut (as it has previously happened-see initial comment) the router will not reconnect to the internet until I get to it.

Regards

Edit/clarification: After a power cut it stayed like that(without being able to reconnect to the internet) for hours until I was able to get to it and reboot it.

So I'm not speaking hypothetical here.

Options
2020-03-13 06:07:48

@SSMP 

You mentioned that sometimes it reconnects, but sometimes it does not after a power cut in your initial comment, while cause the router won't reconnect to the internet automatically after power cut until you reboot the router, to figure it out, we would like to follow up your case via email. 

Please check your inbox and get in touch with our engineer. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Archer A9 IPv6 issue-Solution
2020-05-05 21:27:06 - last edited 2020-05-05 21:27:25

@Kevin_Z 

Follow-up:The problem was fixed in V1.0.6

There is still something flimsy with IPv6 support on the A9, namely it doesn't always establish a IPv6 connection, but the "not connecting to the internet after a power cut" issue is fixed in version 1.0.6 .

Cheers

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1563

Replies: 6

Related Articles