Deco Sometimes Stopped Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-08 05:12:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel. 76172

Hi,

I am using the deco m4 single unit because my home covers the single unit. Few days ago I've purchased the deco. Now a days I'm facing a 

weird problem. Deco disconnecting all my device all of a sudden. None of my devices can't connected again but if I turn on the mobile data on my phone and open the deco app it opened !! In the device list it shows none of my device connect to it. I can get access to the deco app via my mobile data as I've said previously !! but none of the device can't connect to it. As the deco app won't have the reboot option, manually I've to turn off the power supply and then turn it back on & it again start working !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me to fix my problem as soon as possible. It really creates problem for me!!

Have A Great Day !!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco Sometimes Stopped Working
2020-03-09 01:25:03

@Rafid_Anjum 

What is the current network diagram? 

When all devices get cut off, what is the led status of the Deco M4? In the meantime, with your computer connected to the modem directly, can you access internet? 

Is there any error message if they failed to join Deco's network? With your computer connected to the Deco by wired cable, can you access internet? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-09 15:44:19

@Kevin_Z 

Network Diagram:

When all devices get cut off, the led status of the deco m4 still WHITE. In the meantime, my pc which connected via LAN still connected to the deco and the internet on the pc still works!! I can still use the pc on my phone via teamviewer if i turn on mobile data on my phone. So lan port works good as it should !!

Sometimes it showed "Connected,No Internet", Sometimes it shows "Unable To Connect To ɘꙅuoH bɘƚᴎuɒH" or bla bla !!

I've attached the network logs In One Zip:

File:
Network Log 9.3.2020.zipDownload
Options
2020-03-10 04:14:02

@Kevin_Z 

While my some wireless devices can't get internet & others can't connect, I've turn on mobile data on my phone and goto TeamViewer to browse my pc and save the network log. At this time failure the internet on my pc which connected via Lan works fine too !! So before restart the deco I've saved the log files !!

Note: Usually this happened almost every night. When I awake from sleep saw the problem.

Log File:

File:
Network Log 2020-03-10.zipDownload
Options
2020-03-11 02:46:54

@Rafid_Anjum 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

Try to simplify the network diagram. In other words, please connect your main Deco to the modem only and then connect your clients to this Deco, you can take some time to test its performance. Whether the wifi disconnection issue happens again. 

And do both 2.4GHz and 5GHz have the same issue? 

Besides, you can swap the locations of the Deco units or switch the slave Deco to the main Deco to test its stability.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-11 05:02:21

@Kevin_Z 

I have only one deco and its connected to the media converter and all devices are connected to the deco. 

Options
2020-03-12 02:03:32

@Rafid_Anjum 

I see, thanks for your reply. 

Is it possible for you to connect the Deco M4 to the modem/internet source directly, bypass the media converter? 

Could you please give us the whole network diagram? And who is your Internet service provider? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-12 05:49:46 - last edited 2020-03-12 05:50:30

@Kevin_Z 

It seems strange !! I've notice that at 3:20-3:40 am at night internet stopped working on all devices which are connected via wirelessly. If I restart my phone which one has the deco app installed, all the devices started working again !!!

Deco can't connect directly because the ISP give me optical fiber cable. Media converter convert optical fiber cable signal to cat6 signal.

My ISP is "Infolink Limited Bangladesh"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1172

Replies: 7

Related Articles