AX1500 QoS not solving bufferbloat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-08 21:20:18
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hi,

When I run a speedtest on DSL Report without QoS turned on the bufferbloat is off the charts on the download side.  Over 1100ms.  The upload side is better, but still not the best landing around 18ms on average.

However, when entered my upload and download bandwidth in the upload and download fields my results get very weird.  My download bandwidth bufferbloat averages around 15ms while the upload bufferbloat then shoots up to 600ms on average.

Here are my speedtest.net results

Download= 117Mbps

Upload= 11Mbps

I had 112Mbps entered for download and 10 entered for update.  Interestly enough lowering the number on the upload side didn't have any change if anything it made things worse.  The only thing that made it better was entering anything higher than 20Mbps.  This got me back to the 18ms average on the upload side I was getting without QoS enabled at all.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX1500 QoS not solving bufferbloat
2020-03-09 06:13:11

@markangus2b 

Hello, may I know who is your ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? 

With QoS enabled, it will limit the actual speed based on the downstream/upstream speed you entered manually. Usually, we will put a higher value than the actual one so that we won't slow the data flow within a certain time of period. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-09 22:29:28

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply! 

My ISP is Spectrum (Cable) and I pay for 100Mbps Down and 10Mbps Up.

Options
2020-03-10 03:44:00

@markangus2b 

Thanks for your information. 

The speed from Ax1500 seems fine, even it is higher than the bandwidth you paid. 

For the QoS issue, you can enter a value more than 20Mbps for upstream to avoid the buffer float as you mentioned. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-20 11:02:59

@markangus2b it is the routers qos, it doesn't help with bufferbloat at all 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2361

Replies: 4

Related Articles