connecting a Riden RD6006-W to Android App via Archer A10 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-09 23:59:49 - last edited 2020-03-11 11:16:35
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 190305 Rel.62969n(5553

<please note, I posted here on the weekend but my post was deleted - not sure why - if there is a reason please explain rather than just deleting my post  - I would like this fixed and don't want to keep reposting>

I have a Riden RD6006-W which I want to connect to its associated android app via my TP Link Archer A10.

Problem is that it won't connect in this way. 

It will connect through to the android app if instead of using my A10 I use the hotspot from a second cell phone.

I went back and forth with Riden quite a bit, they said my router needed to have isolation disabled; and I found where on my A10 AP Isolation is enabled and disabled, but disabled is the default, and whether it is enabled or disabled it will not connect.

I have tried putting the A10 in Router mode and Access Point mode - no difference in terms of this working or not.

I have also tried putting my cellphone in airplane mode, with only the wifi connection enabled - that didn't help.

The cell phone connects fine to the wifi (2.4G) as needed.

Riden is at a loss to help further - but because it works with my phone in hotspot mode they are pointing the problem to my A10.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

<please note, I posted here on the weekend but my post was deleted - not sure why - if there is a reason please let me know why - I would like this fixed and don't want to keep reposting>

Options
1 Reply
Re:connecting a Riden RD6006-W to Android App via Archer A10 Router
2020-03-11 11:15:48 - last edited 2020-03-11 11:16:35

@RobLatour 

Nobody deleted your post. Instead, we have replied to you on another thread you posted. See below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198082

And please notice that there are two communities, one for SOHO products, the other for business products. The Archer A10, as a regular wireless router, belongs to SOHO community. 

While you post the two threads on two different communities, that may confuse you.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 730

Replies: 1

Related Articles