ICMP being filtered by Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-10 05:08:41
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello, I'm noticing that in my IPV6 configuration that the router is blocking ICMP Requests. I've created a firewall rule in Windows and also tested on my phone. Both give the same result. Could you guys please provide an option for me to unblock these requests? ICMP is very important to IPV6 operation so it would be nice to have this resolved in a firmware update.

Options
6 Reply
Re:ICMP being filtered by Router
2020-03-10 23:38:18

@Nerdsinc 

Further reading here tells me that there was an option on some routers to disable ICMP filtering. This option is not present on the AX6000

Options
2020-03-11 07:34:22

@Nerdsinc 

Hi, I deleted one repeated reply.

Back to your case, the Archer AX6000 does not support DOS protection, that is why you cannot see it; and there is an option to enable/disable Ping from WAN under advanced-security page. It is ICMP. 

The toggle is available for IPV4, and it is pingable from the WAN side for IPV6, but you cannot ping the local devices from WAN side via IPV6. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-11 09:20:16

@Kevin_Z Hello Kevin, thankyou for your prompt reply. Is it possible to introduce a feature that allows one to ping local devices via IPV6?

Options
2020-03-12 06:27:58

@Nerdsinc 

Hello, I'm afraid not there is no other option that can satisfy your needs. 

Options
2021-06-18 15:56:41

@Nerdsinc hi, I plan to buy mr100 to connect to my network - CCTVs and a pc which will be remotely accessed by the pc ipv6 address(seen in the network adapter page- wifi/lan status-details)... in mr100 were u able to ping ur computer from outside network successfully? or is mr100 filtering?

also currently is this the best device for India? it will be used in a rural place where a huawei 3372 is doing duty since nov 17 which is 4 years non stop. i didnt know about band 5 at that time.

also, i need to have automatic wan failover to my local fibernet if 4g fails. is this working reliabily?

@Kevin_Z

Options
2021-06-26 03:58:30

@kartech sorry to say kartech, I have TL-MR100 and it filters ipv6 ICMP request...it also do not have a ipv6 configuration settings and a ipv6 firewall...it is for general use only..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5259

Replies: 6

Related Articles