Some devices not connecting to main network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-13 13:14:01 - last edited 2020-03-13 16:49:26
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190917 Rel. 75120

My setup is three Deco E4's, wirelessly set up as router in a chain topology.

I have some devices that simply refuses to connect to the main network on wireless.

They can conect to the guest network without issue even though I have password defined. They are also able to connect to other networks; just not the main Deco network.

E.g. I have two chromecast audio devices that I bought at the same time and running on the exact same firmware. One is able to connect to the main network; the other is only able to connect to other networks.

I can not see any error in the Deco system's log when trying to connect.

Tried:

- Reboot

- Factory reset

- Turn on and off fast roaming

- Only using 2.4GHZ

- Only using 5GHz

- Connecting to main Deco

... but still no luck.

Any ideas, please?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Some devices not connecting to main network
2020-03-16 02:10:16

@helledi 

Thanks for your information. 

Have you ever tried to reboot or reset the Chromecast audio device which you failed to join the wifi network. 

You can inactive the encryption of main network, in other words, you can create an open main network and verify whether it works.

You can swap the locations of the Decos or switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Besides, what is the model number of the chromecast audio device? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-16 09:14:19

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for coming back to me, your input is very valuable.

Have you ever tried to reboot or reset the Chromecast audio device which you failed to join the wifi network. Besides, what is the model number of the chromecast audio device? 

Yes, several times, including a complete factory reset. There was ever only one hardware version of the Chromecast Audio. The firmware is the latest 1.42.172094.

Also, this is not the only device that cannot connect. I have a TV, Philips 70PUS6724, that does not work on wifi. I have been forced to connect via cable. 

You can inactive the encryption of main network, in other words, you can create an open main network and verify whether it works.

You can swap the locations of the Decos or switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go. 

I have tried both but still does not work.

However, I seem to have sound a workaround. If I change setting from router to AP it seem to work. It is not optimal as It should work in router mode and I now rely on an external router.

I can see that ohers have the same problems. It seem as if there is some work to be done in this area.

Options
2020-03-18 21:16:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Do you have any more information on this?

Options
2020-04-13 18:15:02

@helledi I just had a issue of connecting my new Chromecast Audio to my e4 mesh running in AP mode. I finally solved my problem by powering of the slave e4's and then I where able to do a normal setup.

Options
2020-05-19 21:49:18

@6b6561 Thanks for the suggestion. However, I have tried restarting, rebooting, resetting, etc.

Options