AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
78 Reply
Re:AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly
2020-06-14 01:33:24

@edzel14k 

If a new wifi router is in the works, I suggest reviewing the OpenWRT website for compatible device, this way the firmware isn't EOL. Wether it is tp-link router or not. But yes, there is real heat issue, elevate the router or use a fan to provide better air flow. Let's hope the heating issue does not lead to other serious safety issue.

Options
2020-06-14 02:18:22

@MarMarHoosk 

I agree is not easy to figure out on it, I guess this was not seen or it was disregarded on test production on their product. But we don't know but. All we know that most of the problems here related with some heat issue. Tech advise that "Put your Router in a dry and open environment, do not cover your Router with any objects, avoid placing your Router in a closed space, don't let it suffocate" which I think it is just common sense and it doesn't really much relate with the problem.

If the problem is heat this should be address from a design perspective not the environment, it should adopt to which environment people that is using not to be perfect but at least can accomodate it as not of all people are techy,

what makes me really dissapointed is that, what they advise in regards to the problem is somewhat irrelivant or pointing to a wrong direction.

Why just not be transparent and tell what is really the problem or at least advie that would making sense that relate to the problem.The use would at least have understanding of it.

I don't know if their just buying sometime to troubleshoot at their back end. or they don't really know whats going on and they can't tell what the problem is. 

This forum started I think March 2020 if Im not mistaken for the random reboots and some other AX models from other forum started beggining of this year or end last year,

with that time frame up to now they still not able to figure out what is. or maybe the figure out that is a hardware design issue and they can't do a recall of it. I guess because they will lose revenue. But again this just my assumption.

For some people that experience the reboot maybe they are fine with it or they just don't care as long as it is a new version of Wireless.

But on my opinion, not all product are perfect but at least it serves what the user needed, in my case sad but true its not.

I hope Tplink would resolve this or at least on their new product they have learned and they know what to do/.

Options
2020-06-17 15:06:35

Is there a way to set to low the power settings? I was looking on that I did not figure it out

Options
2020-06-18 10:43:11

AX10 (EU) , fw : 1.0.7 Build 20191206 Rel. 8935(4555)

mode : router mode

uptime : 61 day without reboots/restart

stable as a rock

low power ? you mean the wifi ? -> advanced/wireless/wireless settings/2.4 or 5G/ Transmit power : high-middle-low

Options
2020-06-18 13:18:43

@Peli 

If the solution is lowering the power of the wifi transmission, I would say that would not a solution because. Lowering the Power it means lowering the signal strength of the device. which it make no sense at all.

We Purchase the device as to have improvements on previous wifi router we had, and some additional feautures. 

if in this case that we have to disabled capabality or features of the device, inorder to function the device properly, then it make no sesnse at all buying this router.

Some of the Reason why we buy a new one, is we upgrade, more features and new technology, but if those new system were just not functioning as it Advertised. 

then its better to used your old one which is doing fine or if not, try to find other product that works the way we expected.

Options
2020-06-18 13:25:29
the power is answer for @Irvin_Wells
Options
2020-06-25 14:08:36

@Solla-topee 

2 days of monitoring, haven't experience yet reboot. will still monitor 2 to 3 days more (cross finger). so far looks better. 

as this firmware is on beta version, will this be official?

Options
2020-07-03 06:50:59

@Solla-topee 

Hello there, I've been experiencing similar issues and tried to update the firmware in your message, but it is stuck on 0% "uploading".

My AX10 v1.0 is the Japanese market model, does it need a different firmware?

Options
2020-07-03 15:05:32

@Solla-topee 

When will be the betafirmware will be official, I also saw from tplink AX1500, there is hardware version 1 and 1.20, is this a new hardware release?

Options
2020-07-03 17:20:29

@Solla-topee 

I was able to figure out what was happening! Apparently, the address lease time was set to 120 minutes which caused disconnections after long hours of gaming. I changed it to the maximum 2880 minutes. Hope that works for you as well

Options