Archer c6 disconnects frequently on PPPoE connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-16 17:29:23 - last edited 2020-09-09 08:10:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi 

I recently brought this archer c6 router for home 

i have been experiencing frequent disconnection on my PPPoE connection and it doesnt even reconnects on its own most of the time

i have to manually restart the router to get connected again

this pisses me off some times 

i never experienced such issue on my previous router and its definately not my isp issue as my neighbour doesnt face this issue

i hate to say this that my previous router was a low bandwidth router due to which i upgraded to this and facing such a issue is really annoying

please guide me to fix this issue  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer c6 disconnects frequently on PPPoE connection-Solution
2020-09-09 08:09:22 - last edited 2020-09-09 08:10:36

@MacAyush 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP? What is the network bandwidth provided by your ISP?

When the internet drops on the A6, does it show the WAN port unplugged or any error on its web interface status page?

Ensure the cable between the A6 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary. Please confirm how did you recover the internet connection on the C6, do you mean you need to reset the A6 to factory defaults or power it off for 2 hours? What if you power it off and leave it for 2mins, then power it back on, will there be internet on it?

Please reset the A6 first and then log into its web interface, confirm if there is a status for the Internet Negotiation speed:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2472/
Try to change it to 100Mbps Full Duplex or 1000Mbps Full Duplex on System Tool-System Parameters to give it a go.

If this makes no difference, please send us the whole system log on the A6 showing this connect-disconnect-connect issue, DON'T reset it as it will clear all the log, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer c6 disconnects frequently on PPPoE connection
2020-03-17 06:17:58

@rajsx 

We will do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the led status of the Archer C6 when you lost connection? Do both wired connections and wireless connections stop working at the same time?

2. When Archer C6 disconnected from internet, please connect your computer to the modem directly, bypass the C6 and set up the broadband connection on your PC and verify whether you can access internet. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

3. If it works well, please connect the computer back to the C6 by wired cable and then log in to the web UI of C6 to clone the MAC address of Archer C6. 

4. Besides, please ensure that the firmware is the latest one. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-06-27 14:45:36

@rajsx I have recently puchased Archer C6 --> Firmware1.3.0 Build 20200402 rel.52000(4555)

1. It disconnects on PPPoE connection once everyday.

2. It does not save the wireless schedule permanently. After restart the schedule is cleared.

This was NOT happening when I was using my old router TP-LINK : TL-WR840N

1. My Broadband Modem Lan Connection is connected to the Blue Socket

2. From the C6 it goes to a D-LINK Switch

3. From the D-Link Switch it is connected to my Server which has 4 LAN Cards.

Note : I am having Frame IP which is like Static IP

Options
2020-09-09 06:25:01

@Kevin_Z  I am having the same problem with my Archer A6. I have checked by directly connecting the PC to modem and the internet works fine but my router sometimes disconnects from the internet and I have to either do a factory reset or leave it off for 2-3 hours. I am on the latest firmware. The internet light on router turns red.Its not even a week since I bought this router

Please resolve this issue

Options
Re:Archer c6 disconnects frequently on PPPoE connection-Solution
2020-09-09 08:09:22 - last edited 2020-09-09 08:10:36

@MacAyush 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP? What is the network bandwidth provided by your ISP?

When the internet drops on the A6, does it show the WAN port unplugged or any error on its web interface status page?

Ensure the cable between the A6 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary. Please confirm how did you recover the internet connection on the C6, do you mean you need to reset the A6 to factory defaults or power it off for 2 hours? What if you power it off and leave it for 2mins, then power it back on, will there be internet on it?

Please reset the A6 first and then log into its web interface, confirm if there is a status for the Internet Negotiation speed:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2472/
Try to change it to 100Mbps Full Duplex or 1000Mbps Full Duplex on System Tool-System Parameters to give it a go.

If this makes no difference, please send us the whole system log on the A6 showing this connect-disconnect-connect issue, DON'T reset it as it will clear all the log, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-09 08:21:57

@Kevin_Z hi sorry for late reply but most of the disconnection issues were due to the power cut in my area.

The internet connection would restart everytime due to the powercut. So the issue was mostly fixed with a ups setup by our isp

Thank you for your help

Options
2020-09-09 08:33:17

@rajsx 

Hi, thanks so much for this update and it's glad to know that the issue is fixed by the ups setup.

Good days.

Options
2020-10-10 07:13:09

MacAyush wrote

@Kevin_Z  I am having the same problem with my Archer A6. I have checked by directly connecting the PC to modem and the internet works fine but my router sometimes disconnects from the internet and I have to either do a factory reset or leave it off for 2-3 hours. I am on the latest firmware. The internet light on router turns red.Its not even a week since I bought this router

MacAyush wrote

@MacAyush 

Hi, am exactly facing the same issue, it's frequently disconnecting. But it's not connecting even automatically, when it's back up.

This is so annoying. My old router doesn't have any issues like this.

who can solve this? Customer care not responding we

Options
2020-10-11 14:26:06

@MuraliK  Olá o meu também está desconectando, também tenho que restaurar as configurações para configurar novamente e ele funcionar, mas se eu desligar e ligar ele não conecta mais, O pessoal falou para copiar o endereço MAC do roteador antigo ou do computador e colar no modo customizado, vou tentar aqui para vê se funciona.

Hello mine is also disconnecting, I also have to restore the settings to configure it again and it works, but if I disconnect and connect it doesn’t connect anymore, People said to copy the MAC address of the old router or the computer and paste it in custom mode , I will try here to see if it works.

Options
2020-10-14 08:09:47

@MuraliK    @WanderLima23 

Hi, sorry to respond late. Are you both using Archer A6 or C6? Please ensure its firmware is already up-to-date.

Try to clone the old router's MAC address or the computers MAC to the Archer A6, reboot the modem and A6, then monitor the connectivity.

If this doesn't help, please send us the whole system log when the internet disconnect, don't reset the router, otherwise, we cannot get any valued log from it.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2021-05-22 02:03:38

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the same problem 

I have upto date firmware

I have custom the mac address of the old router

I disconnects for every 5 min 

Giving me a hell

Options

Information