Deco M4 -> poor network connectivity / inermittent drop outs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 11:30:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel 76172

Hi, have set up 3 deco M4's.  Everything 'seems' to work - however the connectivity is worse than from the previous virgin combined router/hub.  So for video applications it isn;t working properly.  There are complete drop outs which are characterized by the app screen showing --   --  for download / upload speeds but also just a general bad performance for video based apps.  Suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 -> poor network connectivity / inermittent drop outs
2020-03-24 02:25:05

@AdrianH 

Hello, what about other network activities, like browsing or downloading. Do you have the same issue? 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? And what is the actual speed you can get from the Deco M4? 

You can add the device which uses the Video application to the device priority list to give it a shot. 

Options
2020-05-06 07:27:36

I replaced my traditional Asus wifi-router for the Deco M4 mesh router approx 6 weeks ago

The wifi-coverage improved significantly, and speed is generally good to excellent

BUT similar as AdrianH, I discover multiple daily intermittent drop-outs - so video meetings are broken, video streams freeze, etc.

Very annoying, as the home-office situation now under the Covid19-pandemic was the sole reason for upgrading the wifi network.

This is a MAJOR flaw in the Deco´s - and I am really disappointed this is not fixed in a firmware update.

Latest firmware is 8 months old, on a 2 year old product.

Unless an immediate fix is available, I´ll try to return these back to store, as they do not meet my expectations.

Sad, though, cute little things, that performs how they should the most of the time. To me, however, "most of the time" in not good enough

-lefty

Options
2020-12-09 06:42:00

I also have similar issues daily. Though the product is cute and easy to configure, it is dropping suddenly and speeds are changing regularly. Also the app interface has lots of bugs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1153

Replies: 3

Related Articles