Chromecast TP-Link Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 20:21:30
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had problems connecting Chromecast 2 with my TP-Link Deco M5 system. After some trials I found out that if disable the 5 GHz band when doing the configuration in the Google Home App then it was possible to configure the Chromecast. After successfully configure it was possible to enable the 5 GHz band.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Chromecast TP-Link Deco M5
2020-03-25 01:22:09

@HenrikNilsson 

Thanks for sharing it. Glad to hear that you figured it out. 

Some Chromecast devices support 2.4GHz only, while considering the mesh network share the same wireless network name and password of 2.4GHz and 5GHz, you may not able to connect it to the Deco network. Disabling 5GHz and reconnecting is a good choice. And you customers can also try to disable fast roaming to give it a go. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Chromecast TP-Link Deco M5
2020-04-13 18:09:15

I just went through the h*ll of setting up a Chromecast Audio on my Deco e4 network, I tried the disable 5G to no avail, rebooted the Decos and still not able to connect... my workaround plan was to turn of the Decos and power up my old AccessPoint which has the same SID/password and configure the Chromecast... went for a long walk and came up with a second plan, simply to power off the two "satelite" e4's and jsut leave the main one powered... success!

So my fix for connecting the Chromecast Audio was to turn off the "satelites" and configure the Chromecast.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4577

Replies: 2

Related Articles