Speed capped at 100Mbps in one Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 15:02:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a 1Gbps optic fibre internet connection, using a Huwai modem. The main Deco M9 is connected to the modem and functioning in router mode. Another Deco M9 is connected directly through a CAT6 ethernet cable, and the third one is connected using WiFi.

When I run the speed test on Deco app, I get up to 920Mbps of download speed, so everything is fine. When I'm connected through wifi to the main Deco M9, I get speeds of around 400-600Mbps, so it's perfectly fine. If I'm connected to the third Deco (which is linked through Wifi), speed drops substantially, but that's to be expected, I guess.

What is really puzzling me is that the maximum speed I can get from the second Deco M9, which is connected using the ethernet overhaul using CAT6 cables, is 92-96Mbps. QOS is set to standard and there are no priority rules. I checked the cables, they all say CAT6.

What could be the problem? Firmware is the latest.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Mário

Options
3 Reply
Re:Speed capped at 100Mbps in one Deco
2020-03-24 19:49:41

So, I've restarted the Decos and now it's working fine (300-400 Mbps speed). The last time they were rebooted was like a week ago. Quite an erratic behavior performance-wise. Please make sure you fix this in a next firmware.

Options
2020-03-25 02:27:07

@MAL 

Thanks for your information, glad to hear that you figured it out. 

You can take more time to test its performance, if this issue happened again, please connect your computer to the second Deco by wired cable to test the speed you can get, and you can click here to get the wired negotiation speed at that time. 

Note: The steps are the same, except that you need click on ethernet connection. 

And you can swap the locations of the two slave Deco to rule out whether it is the specific Deco itself or something else. You can change another ethernet cable as well. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-07-13 18:55:40

@MAL see this topic at https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/216570?replyId=464048 may help!

regards 

Rick

Options