AX50 drops internet intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-25 03:37:07
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200114 rel.54553

Brand new router to replace tp link router that died after 2 years now Every few days the router loses internet, red internet led, on disconnection and reconnection of WAN cable it reestablishes internet. Log shows Type 'LED Controller' Log Content 'Start to run WAN1_OFF' at time of internet loss then seems to just sit there until I physically do a wan disconnect. A daily scheduled reboot stopped it doing this over night but now seems to randomly be doing it. Latest firmware installed.

Any feed back appreciated 

Options
6 Reply
Re:AX50 drops internet intermittently
2020-03-25 10:36:26

@Rubes 

May I know how often it loses internet connection? 

Try to log into the web UI of Archer AX50 when it stops working and show us some screenshots, including the advanced-status page, and advanced-network-internet page. 

In the meantime, please connect your computer to the modem directly, bypass the AX50 to test whether the internet source is working properly. If it works, please connect your PC back to the AX50 by wired cable and clone the MAC address after you logged into the web UI. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-07-08 01:06:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hi there.

I'm having the exact same problem as mentioned above. Every night between 1am and 6 am the router goes offline. The log states that the led controller is the type and it has been turning the wan on and off the whole time. The router is only 10 days old.

Any help appreciated 

Cheers 

Karl

Options
2020-07-08 06:45:14

@Karl_b 

Hello, did you try my previous reply to Rubes? Who is your ISP and is the modem stable?

Please log into the web UI of the AX50 when the internet LED is orange and send us the screenshot of the Basic-Network Map page, confirm also the Negotiation speed between the router WAN and the modem by clicking on the router icon.

Additionally, please send us the system log for more reference, thanks.

Options
2020-09-03 21:24:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin. The night after I posted this the problem stopped so I wasn't able to get the info mentioned above. But this week it has started to do it again between the hours of 2am and 5am. In the log it is saying it is the led controller and it is turning the wan connection off and on repeatedly the whole time. I'll try to get a screenshot while it is doing it.

Cheers 

Karl

Options
2020-11-20 13:30:09
I am having the same issue. Just got the AX50 router a few days ago but it is definitely not as stable as the C9 that it is replacing. I bought it for Parental Control features but I am seeing degraded network stability esp. on wifi. Last night, the WAN1_OFF message was going on through out from 2am to 7am, every 30 min or so.
Options
2020-11-20 13:30:12
I am having the same issue. Just got the AX50 router a few days ago but it is definitely not as stable as the C9 that it is replacing. I bought it for Parental Control features but I am seeing degraded network stability esp. on wifi. Last night, the WAN1_OFF message was going on through out from 2am to 7am, every 30 min or so.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2116

Replies: 6