DECO P7 loses connection several times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 10:08:58
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20199794 Rel. 46693

I am having the same issues as more Deco users are experiencing.

My P7 seems to lose connection a couple of times every day.

Deco lights get red and everything boots up again, takes about 20-25 seconds.

I didnt really notice that it happens so often earlier, but since we are all home (work / study) these days it's pretty annoying.

When I recap it, i think it changed with the last update (that's when my wife started complaining ;)).

I am running in Router mode, behind a Arris cable modem.

Before the firmware update everything worked perfect.

Is there a fix or a firmware update for this?

Options
6 Reply
Re:DECO P7 loses connection several times a day
2020-03-30 01:53:50

@FransBas 

Hello, we need do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?
2. How do you make it back to work after that?

3. When Deco P7 stops working, with your computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access internet? In the meantime, please connect your computer to the Arris modem to verify whether the internet works. If it does not work either, the root cause is the unstable internet connection at ISP's end.

4. Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.
5. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units. Or change the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a shot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-03-30 10:55:58

@Kevin_Z 

Please find my answers below, I am happy to help you with it of course, but it has been running for a while and this occurs since the last firmware update.

I can send you the log file if that is necessary, but not open in the forum if you don't mind.

1. What is the current network diagram?

Arris modem --> Deco1 (living room)--> hardwired Netgear switch --> mediaplayer // Deco1 --> wifi: phones / laptops / iPad and TV, Receiver

Deco2 (1 level up) --> harwired Synology NAS // Deco2 --> wifi: phones, laptops and iPad

Deco3 (another level up) --> wifi: phones, laptops / iPad

2. How do you make it back to work after that?

Nothing, it just reboots itself, after 20-25 seconds everything works again.

For example: watching Netflix... it stops, after reboot Deco it continues.

3. When Deco P7 stops working, with your computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access internet? In the meantime, please connect your computer to the Arris modem to verify whether the internet works. If it does not work either, the root cause is the unstable internet connection at ISP's end.

No, that doesn't help. Deco boots and red light is on, no internet.

Directly (wired) on the Arris modem works fine

4. Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

This works, but not when the Deco loses connection.

See answer above.

5. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units. Or change the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a shot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

No effect

Options
2020-03-30 15:14:26
Ninja replying to someone else's threat. My issues seem similar, I have 3 P7 deco's. One is in my "technical closet" where my electricity and fiber internet enters my house. One is in my living room, same floor through 1 door. One is upstairs, floors are concrete with iron and floor heating (water hoses in floor); It works rather stable whole day (though maybe not so fast, half the speed I get as when I'm downstairs (50mbit, I pay for 100 and actually get this downstairs through wifi, my problem is on direct cable or wifi on the last mentioned deco). In the app it shows being connected to the main deco with 2.4ghz only and 1 bar (living room shows both 2.4 and 5 with all 3 bars). Please add an option to force powerline as I have a new ass house and my life would be so much easier.
Options
2020-04-10 09:28:53

@Kevin_Z  

Hi Kevin, it has been a while since your last answer.

Can you please give me feedback on above post?

Options
2020-09-22 01:11:49
Hello, Any solution provided to this issue by any chance? This is very frustrating. Thanks !
Options
2020-09-22 09:49:12

@FransBas I have the same issue with my P7, extremely frustrating since my wife works from home....

TP-Link, please come up with a solution quick, otherwise I need to get a different system which is kinda booring andexpensive.

//Nisse

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1450

Replies: 6