TP link Deco M9 Plus slow results in "Test Internet Speed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 12:07:42
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi All,

I have the following setup:

router -- M9 (AP)

I have a 1Gb fiber and using the "Test Internet Speed", I get only  half the bandwidth that I have from the telco. When running the test, I get only around 400-500Mbps. This is the same when I am running the Speedtest app on my connected devices using wireless.

When connecting my laptop to the other M9 port (1 port - router, 1 port directly to PC), I get a speed of up to 900Mbps, which is normal. This is the same when  I am connecting directly to the router. I am not sure why M9 is only using half of the full 1Gbps. I have the latest firmware. 

Can you please help with the issue? Anyone encountering the same issue?

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP link Deco M9 Plus slow results in "Test Internet Speed"
2020-03-30 02:06:19

@doygwapo 

Due to the interference, or obstacles and others, the speed, you get from the router usually is lower than the bandwidth you paid. 

You have 1Gbps fiber and 900Mbps from Deco M9 plus via LAN connection, it seems the Deco M9 works well. As for the wireless speed, with your computer connected to Deco's wifi, please click here to get the wireless negotiation speed.

And you can swap the locations of the Deco units or switch a slave Deco to the main Deco. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-31 02:53:26
Like i said, it seems like with AP mode, I can only get around 500Mbps. In router mode, i can get around 800-900Mbps. Let us remove the other factors like wireless devices to remove the “obstacles” and other factors and focus on the speed between M9 and the ONT router using Test Internet Speed Test in Deco app. Is there any bandwidth limitation in using AP mode?
Options
2020-12-11 02:11:06

@doygwapo same problem, have you found solution?

Options
2020-12-15 14:56:46 - last edited 2020-12-15 14:57:06

@srwzbk i have been having the issue since i got the deco, TP link didn't bother to fix the issue.

such a waste of 300$, guess its my last tp link product. with half assed software.

Options
2020-12-15 22:25:19

@srwzbk just used mine in router mode. I havent used it in AP mode since

Options
2021-02-15 16:03:45

@doygwapo @srwzbk 

Still any joy???

this has been my issue since upgrading to 1gb connection (i understand that the WIFI speed will be slower than than the wired).

this is 100% a tp link issue, i have tried all 3 of my m9s as the main one, with different cat cables, (5, 6, 7 etc..)

i have tried changing all the QOS, antivirus garbage etc... it seems that your pretty lucky that you show your speeds of a fashon in Router mode, i only get half my speed and only get just over a quarter in AP mode. 

these are my screen shots! crying

File:
IMG_1172.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2870

Replies: 6

Related Articles