HomeKit camera (Logi Circle) and Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 18:32:28
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just got the Deco X60 today, and works like a charm. Setup was really easy and fast, so no complaints there. 

However, when I'm not on the Deco wifi network, when I'm out of the house, I cannot access my Logi Circle 2 cameras which are set up as HomeKit cameras. Is there a setting that I'm missing? How can I set it up so it will allow me to watch the cameras when I'm out of the network?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HomeKit camera (Logi Circle) and Deco X60
2020-03-30 03:30:27

@MLVC 

It is suggested to contact the tech support of the camera to verify whether the Logi circle camera supports remote control. If yes, you can enable it on the camera itself; if not, you can confirm with them whether you can access them remotely through port forwarding. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-30 07:50:11

@Kevin_Z Thanks. I'm sorry but I don't think I made myself clear enough, the issue wasn't there before I switched to the Deco network, I could always access the cameras in Apple's Home app (as they're on Homekit Secure Video), and there's no option to set remote access, as that has always been the case (also before Homekit Secure Video, when I could access them remotely in the Logi Circle app). So the issue is clearly caused by the Deco network.

Options
2020-03-30 09:16:59

@Kevin_Z I also cannot access my Synology NAS (which is on a different network) from the Deco network, but I can access it remotely from my phone when on cellular, making me draw the conclusion that the issue lies with the Deco and not the NAS. So any idea how I can solve this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1231

Replies: 3

Related Articles