[Feature request] Assigning devices by MAC Adress to the selected Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-03 08:37:42 - last edited 2020-04-07 02:18:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

Hi Everyone!

I have a mesh net consisting 3x Deco M5 and I'm pretty satisfied with it. But I have one major issue with it - sometimes the devices connected with my Wi-Fi mesh are connecting to Deco with the weaker signal strength and that's a problem! Then the transfer speed drastically goes down - that's obvious. For example: I have Deco's located in my office (main Deco - connected by ethernet to main fiber router/gate), then in the kitchen and then in living room where I have Smart TV. Both the living room's Deco and kitchen's Deco are connected to my main Deco (office). However the kitchen's Deco has a weaker signal than living room's Deco, and here what is happening. Sometimes I see weird things (regardlessly the band [2.4 or 5GHz])  - like the Smart TV is connecting with the kitchen's deco instead living room's deco with a stronger signal.  For example: Sometimes the devices from my office are connected to the living room's deco or even kitchen's deco instead office's deco which is the strongest signal for them. 

So I highly demand and ask to add a possibility to the software (and firmware) to assign by MAC adress the specific device to the selected Deco - to avoid annoying switching connection between different Decos. For example: I want the "Smart LED lamp" to always connect with the Office's Deco and I can assign the device by uniqe MAC Adress to specified Deco - and the other Decos don't allow the "Smart LED lamp" to connect to them. 

I hope you understand what I mean. I have tried many configurations, even switching off the "MESH" button alongside some devices but it does not seem to work - devices are still sometimes switching between the Decos.

Best regards, Jack!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Feature request] Assigning devices by MAC Adress to the selected Deco-Solution
2020-04-07 02:18:44 - last edited 2020-04-07 02:18:50

@Jacek_Et 

Hi Jack, thanks for your request and explanation. 

I got your point, the Deco does not support the feature to select specific Deco as the signal source for the client/Deco yet. We have noted your feature request, and will forward it to our product department. 

And it seems that the signal strength you obtained does not reach to the threshold value triggering the AP/Band steering, you can move the slave Decos further away from each other to give it a shot. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:[Feature request] Assigning devices by MAC Adress to the selected Deco
2020-04-03 10:17:45
worth trying it, in the advanced section of the deco app under router settings have you enabled "beamforming" maybe that could help?
Options
Re:[Feature request] Assigning devices by MAC Adress to the selected Deco-Solution
2020-04-07 02:18:44 - last edited 2020-04-07 02:18:50

@Jacek_Et 

Hi Jack, thanks for your request and explanation. 

I got your point, the Deco does not support the feature to select specific Deco as the signal source for the client/Deco yet. We have noted your feature request, and will forward it to our product department. 

And it seems that the signal strength you obtained does not reach to the threshold value triggering the AP/Band steering, you can move the slave Decos further away from each other to give it a shot. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 2