Archer C7 wall mountable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 07:00:55
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi, one of the reasons I bought the Archer C7 is because it was described as being wall mountable.  However I have been having trouble finding screws that fit the two holes on the underside. Do I need a special bracket? There wasn't one in the package. I searched and found instructions for making one with a 3D printer, but I don't have a 3D printer. www. thingiverse . com / thing:3563278

Where can I get a genuine wall bracket? I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but I have made an effort to find the answer myself.

Also, while searching I found these instructions for mounting it, but it didn't mention a bracket.

https:// www.tp-link. com/en/support/faq/455/

I also noticed that according to that guide the recommended angle for the outer antennas is from 45 degrees to 60 degrees. So why do all the promotional photos show the antennas pointing straight up?

thanks

Darren

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 wall mountable?
2020-04-04 07:30:06

@DGedye Promotional pictures show all antennas in perfect 90° because it's more pleasant to look at, more streamlined and easier to understand proportions. Also, they make the most of the image space because it forms a square rather than a rectangle, so there's less wasted empty space and typical square miniatures look so much better.

Options
2020-04-07 09:07:31 - last edited 2020-04-07 09:08:08

@DGedye 

Hi  Darren,  as mocelet said, the Promotional pictures are to display what does the router look like and make it more pleasant. 

Back to your question, in theory, the bracket is not needed, you can find suitable screws to fix it. While considering there is no screw available from TP-Link yet, it is suggested to search it online. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-08 06:19:46

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for reassuring me that I don't need a bracket to wall mount it . Perhaps the setup guide or manual could also mention which kind of screw fits the hole because I have tried quite a selection without sucess.

Speaking of setup guides I have now checked the Archer C7(EU)_V5_Datasheet, Archer C7(EU)_V5_User Guide, and Archer C7(EU)_V5_Quick Installation Guide and they all have drawings showing the antennas straight up. There is nothing in any of the guides or manuals to suggest the outer ones should be at an angle. Perhaps that should be corrected because I set it up initally according to the included guide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3458

Replies: 3

Related Articles