Streaming to TV over Homeplugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-20 18:34:49
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : British Telecom

I have a Bravia TV (KDL-40CX523) which I've been very happy with since I purchased it Last Christmas (2011).

I had it connected direct to my old Router/Hub to stream DLNA content from My PC, which is connected via a TP-Link Homeplug.

Now recently I upgraded my Broadband to BT (getting Infinity installed in a few weeks) and needed to move my New Home Hub over near the Master Socket (following BT's guide!).

So I bought another Homeplug and added the Homehub into the network that way.

So I have:

PC ---- Homeplug ---- |
.............................. | ---- Homeplug ---- BT Homehub3 ---- Phoneline
TV ---- Homeplug ---- |

(I hope that is clear :) )

Now I can Access the Internet (and Catchup TV etc..) on both the TV and PC, but I can't for the life of me get the TV to see the PC or vice-versa!!

I used to have 'Bravia TV' listed in 'Devices and Printers', but not any more!.

If I go to 'Media Streaming Options' under 'Homegroup' The TV isn't listed until I expand 'All Networks'.

Plus looking on my Network shows nothing either!. The Network Sharing is sharing Everything!!

I've tried TVersity, Homestream/Serviio & PS3 Media Server and none of them can find the TV on the network, and the TV can't find any of the Media servers to stream from!.

Is there any magic setting I've missed on either the TV or PC (Windows 7 Ultimate), or will it just not work in my current configuration!?

Plus I've NEVER been able to get the TP-Link Management software to work and show ANY homeplugs connected!!

Cheers
Sim :)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Streaming to TV over Homeplugs
2013-01-21 16:06:57
PC ---- Homeplug ---- |
.............................. | ---- Homeplug ---- old Router/Hub: any problem?
TV ---- Homeplug ---- |
Or try to connect the PC and TV directly to the Homehub if you could to see if you get the same problem
PC ---- |
............ | ---- BT Homehub3 ---- Phoneline
TV ---- -
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 1

Related Articles