ProtonVPN on Archer AX50 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 09:37:40
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200121 rel 54912(4555)

Hey Guys,

I have googled and looked on here but I cant seem t see the answer I need, or if what I wish to do is actually possible.

I have ProtonVPN that I use through my Laptop, but I wondered if I could ADD the ProtonVPN details to the router, so all traffic goes through the VPN service rather than those just on the iPads, iPhones or Laptops in teh house. There are several other devices that I wanted to protect, hence my aid-for VPN service.

I have gone intot he advanced settings for the Archer AX50, and I can see that I can generate or export an OpenVPN file, but I wannted to IMPORT my proton VPN settings onto the router.

Is this possible, or am I right in so much what I see on the router are only experting commands to create a VPN through the router, and not add a VPN?

Many thanks,

Rob.

Options
2 Reply
Re:ProtonVPN on Archer AX50 Router
2020-04-07 09:12:03

@R083rtG 

Hi Rob, thanks for the information provided. 

The Archer AX50 supports OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server only, for the proton VPN server, it does not support and I'm afraid that there is no option  to write the related details into the Archer AX50.

Good day. 

Options
Re:ProtonVPN on Archer AX50 Router
2020-08-07 09:59:22
Any chance a firmware upgrade might include a vpn client setup? (I read OpenWrt/Gargoyle/... won't be supported soon because this is a closed Intel hardware setup)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5348

Replies: 2

Related Articles