Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speeds
Slow speeds
2020-04-05 10:58:44 - last edited 2020-04-05 11:04:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 build 20190821 Rel.54023

I have three m9+ around the house. Main Deco is in the living room, connected to my service provider router, in bridge mode. I have gigabit fiber, 1000 up and down. Speedtest performed in the Deco app shows 6-800 up/down. Speedtest on my phone gives 250 down and 30 up. I've tried restarting all nodes, immediately after restarting main deco I get 200~ up and 200~ down. Then some 20 or so minutes later it's back to 200ish down and 30 up. All this is about 1-2 meters from main deco. My computer on the second floor has speeds around 10 down and 3 up.. 1 meter from node

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speeds
2020-04-07 03:40:03

@Badger 

Hi, we will get some details to do further analysis and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network topology/layout? And may I know who is your internet service provider?

2. With your device connected to modem and main Deco by wired cable directly, what is the actual speed you can get separately? And please click here to check the wired negotiation speed.
Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection.                                                                           
3. Besides, please try to run a speed test via the Deco app and show us the results. 

4. With your computer or cellphone connected to the slave Deco only, please run the speed test 3 times and show us the test results; Furthermore, please connect your computer to the slave Deco by ethernet cable to verify the wired speed.

5. Try to swap the location of the Deco units to rule out whether it is the Deco itself or the network environment, and you can switch the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a shot. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it works.

Have a great day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 1

Related Articles