Throughput slow on 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 12:58:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

i upgraded to 1.4.2 across all my 5 deco m5 in AP mode all connected via Ethernet. However I noticed my throughput via speedtest on my devices dropped from 380Mbps to 270Mbps. The internal speed test on the decos remains at approx 380Mbs. There have been no other changes in my setup. I note that 1.4.2 gave the ability to isolate the guest network in AP mode. I have toggled this and switched it off with no improvements. However not sure what underlying network changes there have been in 1.4.2. I have now upgraded to 1.4.4 and the problem is still there Anyone else having issues? Any ideas how I can revert back to 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel 47476

Options
2 Reply
Re:Throughput slow on 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 in AP mode
2020-04-07 05:39:21

@Python 

Hello, we will get some details to do further analysis and try to fix it. 

What is the current network topology/layout? And may I know who is your internet service provider? And what's the bandwidth you pay for them?

With your device connected to the modem directly, what is the actual speed you can get separately? And please click here to check the wired negotiation speed.
Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection.          

Besides, please try to run a speed test via the Deco app and show us the results. 

With your computer or cellphone connected to the main Deco only, with other slave Decos unplugged, please run the speed test 3 times and show us the test results; Furthermore, please connect your computer to the slave Deco by ethernet cable to verify the wired speed.

You can swap the locations of the Deco units or change another slave Deco to the main one. 

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it works.

Have a great day.

Options
Re:Throughput slow on 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 in AP mode
2020-06-05 09:28:07 - last edited 2020-06-08 08:47:24

@Kevin_Z 

Current network is I have an Asus 3200 which is my main router.  Connected via Ethernet to the Asus are 5 Deco M5 all running in AP mode

I am on virgin media and pay for 350 down and 37 up

I can connected via ethernet at 1GB and get approx 370 down and 36 up

My speed test within my deco app is 374 down and 35 up

The issue is on my mobile phone I only get 270 down and 36 up.  Even though my wifi setting show Network connect speed of 700+

I have restarted all to factory reset and the problem still persists.  I only experience this issue when upgrading

It look like the Deco is restricting throughput to wireless devices.

Can I go back to the previous firmware??

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 623

Replies: 2

Related Articles