Router keep reset every 30 Mins

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-06 04:18:22 - last edited 2020-04-06 04:23:42
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi ALl,

My router keep resetting every 30 MIns and then I need to do the set up from initial (192.168.0.1) and then again it will work for 30 MIns and aagain the same thing.

During this, all the other lights remains green but only the Internet light turns Orange color.

i am done with all the tech things i know - Reboot ; Reset but still the same... I also check my broadband connection thru LAN and its stable.

Please help me as I need to do the set up every 30 MIns

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router keep reset every 30 Mins
2020-04-08 07:46:53

@Avisheak 

Thanks for the information provided. It seems that the router loses internet connection every 30 minutes, but not reset itself automatically.

We can do some troubleshooting first.

1. When the WAN led shows red, please log into the web UI of the Archer A5 and show us a screenshot of the status page.

2. In the meantime, please connect your computer to the modem directly and test whether it works; if it works normally, you can connect it back to the Archer A5 by wired cable and clone the MAC address under advanced-network/internet page. 

3. Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-11 04:05:56

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Tha ma Kevin for your guidance. I have done all the steps you mentioned however I am still facing the issue.

I have attached a SS of the staus page when I face the issue, the firmware is up to date too.

Options
2020-04-11 09:57:08 - last edited 2020-04-11 10:00:03

@Avisheak 

Hi,

firstly, it's very easy to figure out if your router is reset to the factory default settings or just losing internet connection. For example, if you have changed the login username/password, or WiFi SSID/password, etc. When problem happens, if the login username/password comes back to admin/admin, than it's reset. Otherwise, it may be some issue with the WAN connection.

BTW, if you haven't changed your default login username/password, anyone can login to your router and reset your router from the Web configuration page. This may be a monkey business from the neighbor kid. Who knows.

If you are confident that the router definitely keep reseting itselves, you don't need to waste time here, just apply for a replacement from the store/vendor on prerequisite that the warranty period.

Options
2020-04-11 14:25:28

@matthew.mfden 

Thanks Matthew for your reply.

Yea. I keep changing the user name and password for the router but whenever this happen, this goes back to its default user name and password (admin/admin).

I have purchased this thru service provider and now not sure how to replace this. 
With all these, does it look like it's the router hardware issue and I need to go for a new one?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2094

Replies: 4

Related Articles