Router red light on and can’t find internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-06 14:11:48 - last edited 2020-04-08 07:23:17
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 2

My red light is on for internet, and I know ethrenet cable and modem work as I have switched them a few times with another cable and router, so problem must be router? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router red light on and can’t find internet -Solution
2020-04-08 07:23:12 - last edited 2020-04-08 07:23:17

@Tchucky 

Try to power cycle these two devices first. Step 1: power off the router and modem both. Step 2, turn on the modem only and wait 1-2 minutes to make it restart. Step 3, Turn on the TP-Link router as long as the modem booted up. Then you can test the internet connection from the TP-Link router. 

If it is still the same, please connect your computer to the modem directly, bypass the TP-Link router and verify whether it can access internet. If it works well, please connect the computer back to the Archer A5 by ethernet cable and log into the web UI to clone the MAC address under advanced-network-internet page. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router red light on and can’t find internet -Solution
2020-04-08 07:23:12 - last edited 2020-04-08 07:23:17

@Tchucky 

Try to power cycle these two devices first. Step 1: power off the router and modem both. Step 2, turn on the modem only and wait 1-2 minutes to make it restart. Step 3, Turn on the TP-Link router as long as the modem booted up. Then you can test the internet connection from the TP-Link router. 

If it is still the same, please connect your computer to the modem directly, bypass the TP-Link router and verify whether it can access internet. If it works well, please connect the computer back to the Archer A5 by ethernet cable and log into the web UI to clone the MAC address under advanced-network-internet page. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router red light on and can’t find internet
2020-09-06 22:26:20
This worked for me. Do you have any idea why this happened?
Options

Information

Helpful: 30

Views: 121139

Replies: 2

Related Articles