Deco P7 intermitent disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 08:54:53
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3..1 Build 20190704 Rel 46693

Hi,

I am having intermitent connection problems. I have 3 Deco p7 in AP mode connected to an Askey router (Movistar). All the Decos are wired to the router thru 2 switches and therefore, I am using ethernet backhaul.

All of a sudden, all the 3 Decos are losing internet connections. Devices that are connected to the wifi provided by the router (on a separate different SSID) or using an ethernet cable have normal connectivity. I have also realized that when the problem happens, the devices that are wired to the second ethernet port in the Deco are also losing the connection.

There doesnt seem to be a pattern that I have been able to identify so far.

Any clue of what should be checked?

thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P7 intermitent disconnections
2020-04-08 01:53:02

@kiliclat 

Hello, we need to do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. What is the led status of the Deco P7 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

5. Besides, you can swap the locations of Deco units or switch the slave Deco to the main one to give it a shot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-10-01 06:37:11

I like the post which you shared here. Various apps are available to use. Hotstar is a well known online digital entertainment platform that offers you to watch live sports streaming, TV series, news, movies, sports. 

Options
2020-10-01 07:44:36

@Kevin_Z , I will answer you in your text.

Would it be possible to activate any sort of debugging so that you can gather more information?

Kevin_Z wrote

@kiliclat 

Hello, we need to do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

ISP modem Router actig as router.

2 x TPlink 8 ports switches connected to the router 

3 x DECO p7 connected to the switches with CAT6 ethernet cables

DECO p7 configured in AP mode

2. What is the led status of the Deco P7 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

The Deco LED turns solid red. devices keep connected to the DECO wifi but fail to ping the default gateway and to connect to internet. checking DECO logs, I always see:

user.err smartip: [lan] !!ip addr del!! ip addr del 192.168.1.118 dev br-lan 

associated to the time of failure. 

Resetting main deco does not usually fix the problem. power cycling all the 3 decos uses to resolve the problem

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

No, it does not

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

I have several devices connected to the ISP router and those do not have problems when the issue happens

5. Besides, you can swap the locations of Deco units or switch the slave Deco to the main one to give it a shot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Already done, I have factory reset all the 3 decos and rebuild my network settings. I have also changed main deco to one of the slaves with no change.

Also, if I may, "Night mode LED" feature has given up working recently and started to work randomly. To me it seems there is a failure of time sincronization among the decos. One deco may have the LED off while other's is on...

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-10-01 07:46:24
I forgot to mention that PLC also gave up working time ago. I have 2 decos in the same floor connected to the same AC circuit. One of them has the PA Led green (Main Deco) and the other has it amber...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 642

Replies: 4