How do I make my pc workstation connect to a specific Deco M5 unit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 15:25:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

My desktop workstation keeps connecting to the Deco unit that is furthest away ("Office" - the one connected to the router). When I press "Workstation" on the Deco app's "Network units" screen and then the Advanced Settings icon in the upper right corner, the workstation seems to be connected to the "Office" Deco unit. However, the "Connected Deco" says that it is not ("Mesh technology" is off for the workstation).

How do I make my workstation connect to another Deco that is close?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How do I make my pc workstation connect to a specific Deco M5 unit?
2020-04-08 02:22:01

@Nymand-Lund 

What is the current network diagram? 

Please show us a screenshot of the advanced settings page of the desktop workstation where you saw the Linked Deco. 

And once you open Deco app, please click the global icon and choose "office" and show me a screenshot of its connected devices list. 

Besides, it seems that the signal strength the workstation get from the furthest Deco does not reach the threshold value triggering the AP/Band steering, you can move the two Deco units further away from each other. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-08 14:53:00 - last edited 2020-04-08 14:57:42

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for answering.

What puzzles me is that

• Henriks-telefon and gn-nb-helu2 are connected to Deco Stue on 2. floor even though both were placed close to Deco Kontor on 1. floor when I took the screenshot (and had been for 1-2 hours.
  • Workstation is placed very close to Trappe but is connected to Kontor.

Hope, it makes sense. Unfortunately the Deco app is in Danish and apparently I cannot change the app language.

Best regards,

Henrik

Decos:

• Kontor: 1. floor
  • Stue: 2. floor
  • Trappe: 2. floor

Devices:

• Workstation
  • gn-nb-helu2: laptop
  • Henriks-telefon: cell phone

Options
2020-05-07 13:16:44

@Kevin_Z Have you seen my latest message?

Options