Slow speeds on Archer T4E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 19:02:40

I've been trying to get my adapter to work, but speeds don't go higher thatn 30 mbps. On other devices on the same network I'm getting >200mbps.

This is the status for the internet, it says the connection should be 325 mbps.

I believe I installed the right drivers, I downloaded them from the tp-link.com site.

Anyone know a fix?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow speeds on Archer T4E
2020-04-19 12:11:53 - last edited 2020-04-19 12:12:29

@OR_or 

the solution is not to use 5g with this adapter if there are any obstacles between router and pc. its super unstable.

for example i cannot even stretch my legs under the table (on 5g wifi), it loses connection immediately.

or you have to tune this antennas perfectly and dont touch it if it works. ive managed to do it only once. now after ive done some cleaning i cannot tune it to be stable again (from same spot) and i just gave up after 2 days of experiments and locked it to 2.4g channel. only ~30 mbps of download speed (100/100 internet) but atleast its stable.

Options
Re:Slow speeds on Archer T4E
2020-05-29 22:35:17

@Kathy_Z 

I was getting very low speeds, around 800Kbps, but have got it up to about 5Mbps by moving the antennae while downloading a big file. My laptop gets 20Mbps from the same location, which is 10 meters from the router and through 3 walls, so it's still not really good enough, but I thought this might help someone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6783

Replies: 4