Forgotten password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Forgotten password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Forgotten password
Forgotten password
2020-04-09 12:00:43 - last edited 2020-04-10 05:37:56
Model: TL-WDR4300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: N750

I used to live somewhere else with a different Wi-Fi modem, name and password. Now that I have moved, the password of the previous modem, the modem and I own now and the password on the back of the router all do not seem to work. I'm clueless on how to have access on my router. Any tips on how to gain access to my router?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Forgotten password-Solution
2020-04-10 05:37:22 - last edited 2020-04-10 05:37:56

@Rutger 

Like Matthew said, you need hard reset the router by holding the reset button/hole for 10s. 

Then you can connect to the default wireless network with the password printed on the back panel, and you need to reconfigure it to make you access internet. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Forgotten password
2020-04-09 22:47:56

@Rutger 

find the reset hole or button, press it for more around 5-8s till the router's LED flashing. This will reset the router and you can re-configure it from the begaining.

Frankly speaking, SOHO router is easy. But it also requires some experience. So it would be better if you can find someone in the real world to help you.

Options
Re:Forgotten password-Solution
2020-04-10 05:37:22 - last edited 2020-04-10 05:37:56

@Rutger 

Like Matthew said, you need hard reset the router by holding the reset button/hole for 10s. 

Then you can connect to the default wireless network with the password printed on the back panel, and you need to reconfigure it to make you access internet. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 2

Related Articles