Archer AX6000 unable to connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-10 00:21:38
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi everyone

I need some help with my Archer Ax6000 because I'm unable to connect to internet after follow every setup instruction or followed all " Support Video" from TP-Link website as well but couldnt fix this issue. 

I'm using Fastest Fibre ( 900Mbps/450Mbps) at my home. I've contacted my ISP , they told me that their fibre connection using PPPoE ,VLAN 10. They tried to instructed me to fix this issue but it seem doesn't work. They told me to contact the modem provider for further technical support.

The old modem I have been using is working fine, when I connect my old modem , it still able to connect to the internet. 

Below is a few issue I figure out during spending time fixing the issue with the AX6000:

1. When I finished wiring My fibreBox to Ax6000. I connect to Ax6000 for setup . After go through basic setup ( select PPPoE and log in ISP account) - choose the name and password for wireless . At the end, it said "failed to connect". 

2. After that, I went back to Basic - Status : it shown that they couldnt find the details for IP address, subnet , DNS.etc ( it all 0.0.0.0).  I have been spending 2 days trying to fix this issue but unable.

3. After unable to do anything else , I changed the Operation mode of Ax6000 to "Access Point" and used ethernet cable to connect to my old working modem then it working ok. I can only access to the internet of the Ax6000 through this way. 

==> I want to Ax6000 as wireless router , not the Access Point , that is the reason why I bought the new Archer Ax6000.  Can anyone please help me with this issue ? Very appreciate it

P/s: My old current use modem only have WAN port . I dont have DSL line .

Thank you

NICK 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 unable to connect to internet
2020-04-10 05:48:39

@NeGiVo 

Thanks for the information provided. We can do some troubleshooting to locate this issue first and then we can figure it out.

1. What is the led status of the Archer AX6000?

2. You mentioned that VLAN ID is needed, have you ever enabled IPTV and enter the VLAN ID? Please notice that the 802.1Q should be checked. 

3. If it is still the same, please log into the web UI of the Archer AX6000 and show us a screenshot of the status page. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-10 06:25:35
Hi Kevin_Z Very appreciate your help. I have successfully connected to the internet... The solution for this issue is going to Advance- Network - IPTV - Enable IPTV and select ISP profile to our Provider. Thank again for your help and This community is very helpful Stay safe and well
Options
2020-04-10 06:31:35

@NeGiVo 

Hi,

as the ISP told you, they use VLAN 10. So your configuration should be like this:

Options
2020-04-10 06:36:24

@Kevin_Z 

I am new here because I recently bought a TP-Link router, it's more than I expected. But I expect more, I mean I want to have some improvements and new feature of my router.

I just found another point of improvement. Today is 2020 year, but your company still use so out-of-date forum editor. I cannot just copy&paste the image directly and I cannot resize the image. What a pity!

Options