powerline LED turned red after connecting additional powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-12 21:28:15 - last edited 2020-04-12 21:29:19
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, so recently I bought some TL-PA7010 powerline adapters for my laptop and they seem to be working okay. However, after reconnecting some AV600 adapters to the circuit the powerline LEDs on the new AV1000 adapters has turned red (including the one plugged into the router. I tried  unplugging the junior adapters and the light turns green again, so is this something i should be worried about? The connection still seems to be working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Edit: the LED on the adapter plugged into the router is now green but the one plugged into my laptop is still red

Options
1 Reply
Re:powerline LED turned red after connecting additional powerline adapters
2020-04-25 17:00:37 - last edited 2020-04-25 17:03:35

@matt-26 I have an identical problem after plugging an AV600 externder in and pairing it with my existing 2-plug kit.

I've tried every socket in the house but there's nothing doing. I believe the AV600 is just not compatible but I can't get an answer from TP-Link so I'm trying to send the device back.

If anyone knows a model that is compatible with an existing kit I'm interested.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/202316

Just noticed, I have 0 connectivity on the AV600 in my case (both WiFi and ethernet) , whereas you seem to have a connection despite the poor signal indication. Is your laptop connected via ethernet or WiFi? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 949

Replies: 1