WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
70 Reply
Re:WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode
2013-02-26 04:01:46
All,

not that it matters, no one seems to have any input in to this issue, but here is my test and findings.

I placed the Nano about 2-3 meters from the main router, plugged in via USB and left in repeating mode, i got about a day and a half out of it before it stopped repeating, well it actually just stopped everything, i have to unplug it and plug it back in to even get a connection to it, so this is CLEARLY a bug somewhere in the firmware.

I have logged a case for this and shall report back any findings

I would suggest that those having this issue and still following the thread log the issue too - if they are not aware of it, they'll not be looking to repair it.
Options
2013-02-27 06:14:30
Great update binhthanh591 - waste even more peoples time why dont you!!

For those interested i currently have support working on this issue with me, should i get an answer i will let those interested know - can someone reply if they want to be informed how i get on.
Options
2013-02-27 17:53:44
Options
2013-03-03 09:12:52
My 702n works as an AP but the moment I switch it to repeater, my wifi signal checking software shows zero signal from my 702n. Frustrating!
Options
2013-03-20 05:58:56
Hey to Every Body!

Same Problem I face today, but i got some solution for this. Solution is you have to set IP addresses and DNS to each wifi device is using WR702N in repeater mode as in repeater mode DNS not working what I notice! when we can ping the device from our PC and even we can ping through the Device Diagnostic page to any of our Local Area Network/Intranet Network Device it response but when we try to ping outside the LAN or Intranet requested timed out. so all we need to set static IP addresses to our devices which using internet service rest can work on Dynamic settings. Hope you guys understand what I want to say.

Thank you
Parminder Singh

Sorry for bad English!
Options
2013-03-20 06:03:25
I have mine working, the problem seems to be how quickly the cache of DNS/DHCP requests fill up on the device, because it only has small cache memory mine is full in less than 1 day causing the Nano to stop responding. The work around is to use static IP addresses on wireless devces, which stops the Nanos cache from getting full quickly. This solution is not ideal and not for me, and TP Link could fix this limit with a firmware upgrade that clears the cached content quicker, stopping the Nano from filling up its logs (internally).

I am not sure if they will do this, and i would rather not have to set static IP addresses on every single one of my wireless devices, so for now i am not using the Nano as a repeater.
Options
2013-03-20 06:04:52
may be DNS is working but Gateway is not!
Options
2013-03-20 06:06:00
Parminder - you shouldn't actually have to set anything up - when in repeater mode the Nano simply passes on the existing configuration, i am not fully understanding what issue you are facing.
Options
2013-03-20 06:09:01
i'm not able to access internet over Nano in repeater rest all working.

Each and every device can ping over Nano and even Nano to Devices but when i'm trying to access internet. its requested timed out.
Even mobile devices.

ya when set up the static ip addresses, gateway and dns than i can access internet over the Nano in repeater mode.
Options
2013-03-20 06:12:58
When you leave the DCHP to pass out the information - on a wireless device what DNS and gateway do you get?
When you set them statically are you setting different DNS and gateways or the same?

if you can give me an example of a non working one and a working one for DNS and GW that will help
Options
Related Articles