WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
70 Reply
Re:WR702N Connection Issue / Repeater + Bridge Mode
2013-03-20 06:16:20
with DHCP enabled ip address alloted to device 192.168.1.8 gateway 192.168.1.1 DNS 192.168.1.1 not working.
working with same configuration in static setting.

its not work for me an hour so that i can say cache problem like you said.
Options
2013-03-20 06:22:34
Do you have a lot of wireless devices? My problem seems to be the amount of devices i have, and unplugging and plugging in the Nano fixes it, shortly.

My setup is a little more complicated in the fact i run my own DNS and DHCP server and don't let the router do that itself, however the problems sound very similar.

I am confused as to why it works when you set them statically but not when DHCP allocates them - even more since they are the same info. It could be that you too have a lot of wireless devices and the Nano is getting full, but very quickly.

If you set all wireless devices with static IP then the issue will go away, but i have too many to configure and it seems like a hassle to make something work, when the Nano should be able to handle this, even if it means keeping the cached content for less time.
Options
2013-03-20 06:30:44
We also have too many wireless devices in our house that's why I'm still struggling with this Nano thing. Even I don't want to set each and every device manually so that they can work properly. After this its looks like or I should buy some other wi fi access point and one more Switch for those Devices which have LAN on board.

I configured the Router as DHCP server and for DNS using OpenDNS addresses configured in router them too.
Options
2013-03-20 06:33:56
The Nano seems to be designed for on the move, and it makes sense because of it's size. I bought mine as a cheap repeater, but it has failed to suit my needs. I will just use it when travelling now and buy another dedicated repeater to extend the range of my wireless.

If TP-Link ever do release a new updated FW that clears the cache quicker then i will use the Nano once again as a repeater, for now it is back in the box until i need it.

Good luck with yours.
Options
2013-03-20 06:38:35
I will do the same or I will buy one more switch and set Nano to AP mode.

In switch case lots of cabling from which I'm actually running.

Hope TP-Link will release the new FW which helps us. Otherwise cabling is Best option.

and ya thanks for Good luck.

Keep Smiling :)
Options
2013-03-24 11:25:01

ubertechieuk wrote

I have mine working, the problem seems to be how quickly the cache of DNS/DHCP requests fill up on the device, because it only has small cache memory mine is full in less than 1 day causing the Nano to stop responding. The work around is to use static IP addresses on wireless devces, which stops the Nanos cache from getting full quickly. This solution is not ideal and not for me, and TP Link could fix this limit with a firmware upgrade that clears the cached content quicker, stopping the Nano from filling up its logs (internally).

I am not sure if they will do this, and i would rather not have to set static IP addresses on every single one of my wireless devices, so for now i am not using the Nano as a repeater.

hi im sorry guys, im kinda new here in this repeater business thing and im having the same problem on the same router (tlwr702n). How do you exactly "use static IP addresses on wireless devces" so the cache wont get full quickly? i dont mind setting up each on every device since i only have a few, just want this problem solved. can you somehow give me a step by step how? is it by accessing the nano's web page (192.168.0.254)? is it in dhs? i dont know really, can you help me out on a step by step? thank you so much and really appreciate the help :)
Options
2013-04-13 22:54:41
Hey Guys, always good to find when you're having an issue that it's not just me doing something wrong! I was having the same issue myself, but I think I've sorted it...
1. I upgraded the firmware on the TP-Link router (Router B) to the latest and set it up as a repeater again, I'm assuming you are using the secure wireless settings here
2. I then went to my original Cisco Router (Router A) and *matched the security settings* of Router B, i.e. Router A was set to WPA and not WPA or WPA2-Personal and TPIK+AES
This seemed to sort everything out for me.

Hope this helps!

Ste.
Options
Passing on what I have learned
2013-04-30 19:37:47
I have been having the same problem as everyone else here.
I emailed TP link support who told me (after a lot of back and forth and even replacing the unit!?!??) they are aware of the issue and their "senior engineer" is working on a fix that should take at least 4 weeks to be released. In the meantime the TP link router can be used in bridge mode rather than repeater mode to achieve much the same functionality.
See instructions here -->
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=394

They also said I should keep an eye on the website to see when the new firmware is released.
It has been two days since I switched to bridge mode and it hasn't stopped, so it looks like that will work for me.
Also, I don't know if it makes much difference or not, but they suggested I change my primary router settings to use channel 1, 6 or 11.

I hope you guys get some use out of what they have told me.
At least I have a stable connection now!!
Options
2013-05-05 02:53:00
i have the same issue here, looking forward to the update rom to fix it
Options
2013-05-05 11:38:05
same issue here, configured as a repeater, it works for a while and then crashes....only comes back to life after a reboot.
Options
Related Articles