AX50 wifi channel keeps changing.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 wifi channel keeps changing.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:AX50 wifi channel keeps changing.
2020-10-12 06:35:31

@steve79 

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

Please ensure your AX50 is running the latest firmware now and then try to choose the DFS channels to confirm if that will be stable.

Options
2020-10-12 06:45:22

@PopoBear 

Hello, do you mean the 5GHz channel automatically chooses 149 even if you changed it to another band 4 channel? Can I have the options on your AX50 web interface-5GHz wireless channel setting? What if you use third-party software to analyze if there are other 5GHz wireless networks working on band 4, what are the channels?

Options
2020-10-12 06:46:06

@psuPete 

Hi, what is the issue you encountered with your AX50? Please kindly provide more details, thanks.

Options
2021-01-06 07:31:05
Were you ever able to get this resolved? I recently started having this issue and it’s super annoying. I figured it’s probably a software issue because I had my AX50 router configured to only use a certain DFS since the day I bought it and it recently started switching to a non DFS channel. I’ve been trying to troubleshoot but nothing :(
Options
2021-03-14 15:29:26

@steve79 

I have the same issue with:

Archer AX50 v1.0

1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

Originally I noticed that the router kept dropping to channel 36 from a DFS channel, then i read that this is normal behavior but in my case it would never go back to that DFS (or any other channel). I then started setting the router on channel 40, 44, 48. and no matter what channel I set it will drop to 36 after a while. What's worse, on channel 36 I can only get about 10% of the wifi speed. The time it takes to drop is sometimes 15mins and sometimes a couple of days. The final nail is that in order to switch it back to a higher channel, I have to change the setting because the original setting is still there. E.g. I set the router to channel 40, Save and then a few hours later it drops to 36 but in settings it still says 40. 

Anyhow, seeing that tp-link doesn't seem to be troubled by this malfunction and isn't providing any solution, I ended up writing a python script which uses selenium to start a chrome session, log into the router and check the "current channel". If it sees that it's at 36, it goes to settings and changes to 40 or 44 depending on what it finds there. This works for me (though I'd rather see a firmware fix) because I have a linux machine running plex on my network, so it's not an issue for me to schedule this script to run every 5-10mins. It keeps my router at my desired channel (with occasional connection drops when the channel is switched). If anyone has any use of this script, I put it here: https://github.com/zsucic/ax50channelswitcher

Options
2021-03-19 14:19:21

@steve79 Sorry can't offer anything here, but I have the same issue.

Options
2021-03-31 17:35:13

@pxwell 

I ended up contacting TP-Link support about this and they were very helpful. They sent me a beta of the firmware with radar detection disabled and I've been testing it for 10days and the channel set is still working. I'd share the firmware but I don't know if it was built for my router specifically or for EU region and wouldn't want to brick anyones. But I suggest that anyone having the same issue does that. I.e. open a ticket for their support and explain. They can then provide you with the beta fw that works well (so far)

pxwell wrote

Options
2021-04-07 17:21:01
could you please upload and share this firmware somewhere? or send to mail dj.kure@gmail.com? Thank you
Options
2021-10-06 20:46:04

@zsc 

Any chance you can make that software shared as I have same issue and my router is eu same as you.

Thanks. Pj.

zsc wrote

@pxwell 

I ended up contacting TP-Link support about this and they were very helpful. They sent me a beta of the firmware with radar detection disabled and I've been testing it for 10days and the channel set is still working. I'd share the firmware but I don't know if it was built for my router specifically or for EU region and wouldn't want to brick anyones. But I suggest that anyone having the same issue does that. I.e. open a ticket for their support and explain. They can then provide you with the beta fw that works well (so far)

pxwell wrote

zsc wrote

@pxwell 

pxwell wrote

Options
Related Articles